Fancy winning a bundle of smart gadgets worth £250?
You just need to have a smart meter installed, or be on the list to get one
This competition is now closed. We'll be contacting the winners very soon!
That’s right. You’ll be automatically entered into the prize draw if you…
- have a smart meter already
- are booked to get a smart meter
- have registered your interest in getting one, (even if you've been on the list for a while, or your home isn’t quite ready for a smart meter just yet)
Not on the list yet? Enter the prize draw in a few clicks:
How does the giveaway work?
- To be in the draw, you need to be a current Octopus Energy customer and either have a smart meter, a booking to get one installed, or have registered your interest to get a smart meter by 23:59 on 30th April 2023.
- We’ll pull 10 lucky Octopus customers out of a random draw, publish the winners on this page, and contact them directly to share the good news.
- The lucky customers will win a £250 bundle of smart home gadgets, including an Amazon Alexa Echo Dot with clock, a Little Sun solar torch, a SURI Sustainable Sonic Toothbrush, a Tapo Smart Plug with energy monitoring, X4 smart colour changing light bulbs and an electric blanket.
- Alternatively the winner can opt to have £250 credit added to their energy account.
How do smart meters help me save?
Your meter sends us readings automatically, so you don’t have to. (Don’t worry, you can still spin our meter reading wheel of fortune).
Say goodbye to estimated bills. With automatic readings, you’ll always be charged for what you’ve really used, and you’re in control of how often your meter sends readings.
Why are we doing this during an energy crisis?
Smart meters give people better control over their energy and super accurate bills, even more critical while global energy prices are so high.
But it's more than that: smart meters also make the whole energy system cheaper and greener to run. That's key to building a sustainable system that'll protect us from crises like this in the future.
We’re relentless about keeping costs down to pass on savings to our customers – particularly now. We’ve absorbed £150 million in high energy costs so far in the crisis to give our customers the cheapest variable tariff of any major supplier. And we've created an arsenal of support schemes to help those struggling the most.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I book a smart meter appointment?
We release thousands of new appointments every week. Once you've registered your interest, we'll send you an email when we have appointments available in your area (and don't worry, we won't inundate you with emails).
You can also head to your online account to get booked in - you'll just need to choose a date and time that works for you and we'll sort the rest
My smart meter wasn't installed by Octopus, will I be entered?
Yes! As long as you have a smart meter installed, and it's registered in our system, you'll be entered into the prize draw.
What if I've registered my interest more than once?
Each household entered into the prize draw will get one entry, regardless of how many times you have registered your interest in a smart meter.
What if my smart meter is not in 'smart' mode?
As long as you've got a smart meter, you'll be in the draw – even if it's not connected and sending us automatic readings right now. The government is gradually remotely upgrading the earlier generation smart meters, so that they can stay smart with any energy supplier. So if yours was once smart and stopped working when you moved suppliers, it'll be smart again in the not-too-distant future.
What if my home isn't eligible for a smart meter yet?
As more and more of the UK goes smart, the government is working fast to strengthen the signal in more areas and expand coverage. If you're in an apartment building or your meter's far away from your home (e.g in an outdoor meter cupboard) new long-range communications hubs and other extenders will eventually hit the market so that smart meters should soon be an option for you too.
As long as you're registered on our list to get a smart meter, we'll let you know as soon as a smart meter will work in your home. And in the meantime, you'll be in the draw the win a year's free energy every month!
Terms & Conditions
‘SMART GADGET PRIZE DRAW’ TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions apply to the ‘Smart Gadget Prize Draw’ giveaway (the “Giveaway”). By entering the Giveaway, you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- Details specific to the Giveaway are displayed on our website; octopus.energy/smart-prize-draw
- The Giveaway will be run by Octopus Energy Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 09263424 and registered office 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT (“Octopus Energy”).
- Octopus Energy Group Limited, with registered number 09718624 (“OEGL”), and other group companies thereof, may also promote this Giveaway.
- These terms and conditions are the Giveaway rules (“Rules”) that apply to this Giveaway. By entering this Giveaway, you are agreeing to be bound by these Rules and any other applicable instructions.
- Octopus Energy reserves the right to cancel or amend the Giveaway and/or the Rules without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on our website, but we will do our best to avoid doing so.
- In the event of any dispute regarding any aspect of the Giveaway, the decision of Octopus Energy shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- These Giveaway terms and conditions are separate to the terms and conditions for the supply of gas and electricity that you will have with Octopus Energy and will not affect your rights and obligations under those terms.
Prize Draw Entry
8. Entrants must be 18 or over. Only residents of Great Britain who are customers of Octopus Energy are eligible to take part in the Giveaway.
9. The Giveaway will run from 00:01, 01/04/2023 up until 23:59, 30/04/2023 (the “Promotional Period”)
10. To be entered into the Giveaway, you must:
a) be a current customer of Octopus Energy; and
b) have a smart meter installed at your property; OR
c) where you don’t have a smart meter installed, register your interest in getting a smart meter installed via your Octopus Energy online account.
11. If the entrant meets the requisite steps set out in 10(a) and 10(b) or 10(c) prior to or during the Promotional Period, they will be automatically opted into the Giveaway. Entrants can opt out at anytime and do not have to accept the prize - if the entrant rejects the prize, Octopus Energy will randomly draw an alternative winner.
12. We will require the use of the data you have provided to us pursuant to our role as your energy supplier. By accepting these terms, you are agreeing to our use of this data for the purposes of this Giveaway.
13. Where a customer has more than one property, each property will be entered into the Giveaway so long as the entrant completes the requisite steps set out in 10(a), and 10(b) or 10(c) prior to or during the Promotional Period.
14. Any entrant who attempts to take part in the Giveaway in a manner which Octopus Energy deems is contrary to these terms and conditions or the Rules, may be removed from the Giveaway at Octopus Energy’s sole discretion.
15. Should a sign up be unsuccessful for any reason (for example a fraudulent entrant, leaves Octopus Energy, or subsequently removes their smart meter, or decides at any point to opt out of the Giveaway), this sign up will not be counted and will not be eligible for the Giveaway. The final decision shall be at Octopus Energy’s complete and sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into over any dispute.
16. By entering the Giveaway, you warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. If any information you submit is found to be fraudulent or incorrectly completed or if Octopus Energy has reasonable grounds to believe that you have breached any of the Rules, Octopus Energy reserves the right to disqualify you from the Giveaway.
17. No liability is accepted for entries that are not received by Octopus Energy for any reason. Octopus Energy retains the right to refuse admission of any illegitimate sign ups. The decision as to whether a sign up is illegitimate shall be at the absolute discretion of Octopus Energy.
18. Octopus Energy will not be liable to reimburse any expenses incurred with entering the Giveaway.
19, All successful sign ups to the Giveaway shall immediately enter the monthly draw so long as the customer has complied with the obligations in clause 10(a) and 10(b) or 10(c) prior to and up until 23:59 on 30/04/2023.
20. There will a total of 10 winners in the Giveaway.
21. The winners will be announced no later than 2 weeks after the prize draw and will be notified by a phone call. If Octopus Energy is unable to reach the winner by telephone, an email will be sent with details on how to get in touch with us to claim your prize.
22. Entrants will be drawn at random, using a random script.
23. Only 1 entry per household will be entered into the prize draw.
24. The prize will be an Amazon Alexa Echo Dot with clock, a Little Sun solar torch, a SURI Sustainable Sonic Toothbrush, a Tapo Smart Plug with energy monitoring, X4 smart colour changing light bulbs and an electric blanket, OR, alternatively the winner will have option to have £250 credit added to their Octopus account.
25. By entering this Giveaway, you are agreeing to be contacted by Octopus Energy (using the contact details you have provided us with on your account) to inform you if you are a Giveaway winner.
26. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable other than at the sole discretion of Octopus Energy.
27. Should the customer switch away from Octopus Energy at any point during the Promotional Period, they will be removed from the Giveaway.
Data Protection and Publicity
28. By entering this Giveaway you agree to the reasonable use of your name on the Octopus Energy website and in the media and materials produced by or on behalf of Octopus Energy or OEGL. Octopus Energy will retain the rights to any media and materials produced.
30. Octopus Energy in its sole discretion reserves the right to withdraw or vary the terms of Giveaways and promotions and/or any offer made in connection with them in order to comply with the decision of any relevant judicial or regulatory body and shall not be held liable to any entrant for so doing.
31. Unless otherwise specified in writing, in the event that you are required to travel to take part in any Giveaway, you are responsible for making all your own arrangements.
32. The Giveaway is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window