On prepayment meters? Here's some more to try
- Double check you have credit on your meter.
- If you have credit on your meter, but your electricity or gas has cut out, please try to top up the meter again to see if this works.
- If the top up doesn't work, your key or card might be faulty. Take a note of error codes. We've included a full list of prepayment error codes and what they might mean below.
- If you've lost your key or card and gone off supply as a result, get in contact with the subject line 'Lost key / card' and we'll help
Good to know: Emergency credit and Friendly credit hours
Our friendly credit hours for electricity meters
- From 4pm to 10am, Monday to Friday (these hours are given according to GMT so will be an hour later in the summertime)
- All weekend (so from 4pm Friday afternoon to 10am Monday morning)
- All day on Bank Holidays (Over the Christmas period, our friendly credit will extend from 4pm on December 24th to 10am on December 29th)
If you run out of credit during these times, your electricity won't shut off. Instead, the cost of any energy you use will be added onto your meter as debt, and will then be deducted the next time you top-up.
Your gas meter has £10 emergency credit (£5 between April and October) and your electricity meter will have £5 emergency credit all year round. You will be able to use this once the credit on your meter is running close to zero.
Once you are down to the last £1 of your electricity credit, or £2 of your gas credit, you just need to insert your electricity key or gas card to activate the emergency credit.
Please be aware that the emergency credit will be taken in full next time you top up.
No luck? Contact our team for emergency help
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for quick help between 8am and 10pm every day.
Between 9am and 5pm Monday to Thursday, or 9am and 4pm Monday to Friday, please free call us on 0808 164 1088.