No electricity? Skip to electrical power cut

If you can smell gas or suspect a gas leak, call the National Gas Emergency Helpline on 0800 111 999

Carbon monoxide poisoning

Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas that has no smell or taste. Breathing it in can make you unwell, and it can kill.

Incorrectly installed, poorly maintained or poorly ventilated household appliances that burn fuels such as gas, oil, coal or wood are the most common sources of carbon monoxide.

As of October 2015, if you live in a rental property in England, it’s a legal requirement for your landlord to install a smoke alarm on each floor of your premises, and a carbon monoxide detector in rooms containing a solid fuel appliance.

If you are worried about carbon monoxide escaping from a gas appliance, call the National Gas Emergency Hotline on 0800 111 999.

Electrical power cut

If you experience a power cut, call 105 free of charge to get help and advice. You can also contact your regional electricity distribution company (the people responsible for getting power into your home) direct. See below for the distributor in your area.

East
UK Power Networks
0800 316 3105
East Midlands
Western Power Distribution
0800 6783 105
London
UK Power Networks
0800 316 3105
Merseyside & North Wales
Scottish Power
0800 001 5400
West Midlands
Western Power Distribution
0800 6783 105
North East
Northern Powergrid
0800 66 88 77
North West
Electricity North West
0800 195 4141
North Scotland
Scottish and Southern Energy
0800 300 999
South Scotland
Scottish Power
0800 092 9290
South East
UK Power Networks
0800 316 3105
South
Scottish and Southern Energy
0800 072 7282
South Wales
Western Power Distribution
0800 6783 105
South West
Western Power Distribution
0800 6783 105
Yorkshire
Northern Powergrid
0800 375 675

Hey! Just so you know, your device is fully charged and you're still charging it. Removing the charger will avoid degrading your battery 😊

×