Terms & Conditions for Octopus Saving Sessions
These Terms and Conditions apply to the Octopus Energy Saving Sessions service (the “Service”). By entering the Service, you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- The Service will be run by Octopus Energy Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 09263424 and registered office 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT (“Octopus Energy”, “we”, “us”).
- These terms and conditions, together with any specific rules set out in any communications relating to the Service, are the Service rules (“Rules”) and apply to this Service. By entering this Service, you are agreeing to be bound by these Rules and any other applicable instructions.
- Octopus Energy reserves the right to cancel or amend the Service and/or the Rules without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on our website.
- In the event of any dispute regarding any aspect of the Service, the decision of Octopus Energy shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- These Service terms and conditions are separate to the terms and conditions for the supply of gas and electricity that you will have with Octopus Energy and will not affect your rights and obligations under those terms.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Service. Entrants must be 18 or over. Only residents of Great Britain (excluding Northern Ireland) are eligible to sign up to Octopus Energy and take part in the Service.
- To be eligible for the Service, you must:
a. At all times comply with these Terms & Conditions;
b. be a current electricity customer of Octopus Energy
c. have a working electricity smart meter which has been sending us 80% of half-hourly readings for the last 20 days
d. have at least a full day’s worth of half-hourly readings
e. opt-into the Service by completing the form on the Service landing page
f. not be taking part in the Demand Flexibility Service with another supplier
g. have consented to, and not remove your consent, giving us half-hourly reads
- The Service period will start at 00:01 on Tuesday 1st November 2022 and will end at 23:59 on 31st March 2023.
- There will be at least 12 turn down windows (“Sessions”) throughout the Service period and the upper limit is uncapped. Customers will be able to decide which events they participate in. Prior to each Session, we will send you a notification of the Session window and the available payment per kWh turn down (the “Incentive”). The Incentive is not fixed and may be different for each Session.
- To be eligible for payment, you must opt-in to the Session before it begins, and reduce electricity import as measured by your smart meter compared to a “Baseline” during any of the half-hours of the Session window.
- You will be paid the Incentive for each half-hour of the Session that you turn down. We will credit your account within two weeks of each Session.
- We will calculate your Baseline using the BSC P376 ‘Utilising a Baseline Methodology to set Physical Notifications’ with an in-day adjustment for domestic customers, and without an in-day adjustment for business customers. This methodology looks at up to 10 days of your recent smart meter history, excluding days where a Session has taken place, to calculate your average consumption.
- In the event that we’re unable to pull your meter readings to calculate your usage from any of the Sessions, we’ll work it out using an average across all Service participants. If at any point throughout the Service you are no longer eligible under Clause 7, we reserve the right to remove you from the Service.
- If your smart meter becomes disconnected or you move house, we reserve the right to remove you from the Service.
- If you are one of our Smart Tariff customers or are part of any of our Smart Meter trials, we reserve the right to remove you from the Service at any point.
- By entering the Service, you warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. If any information you submit is found to be fraudulent or incorrectly completed or if Octopus Energy has reasonable grounds to believe that you have breached any of the Rules, Octopus Energy reserves the right to disqualify you from the Service.
- Customers on electricity export tariffs will be credited on their reduction in import and not export, in line with National Grid ESO Demand Flexibility Service specifications.
- Octopus Energy will not be liable to reimburse any expenses incurred with entering the Service.
- If at any point you wish to opt-out of the Service, please email email@example.com and we will remove you.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Octopus Energy will share customers’ Meter Point Administration Numbers with National Grid ESO to register customers in the service and allocate payment to individual customers. Octopus Energy will provide National Grid ESO with half hourly electricity consumption, baseline and reduction data, summed across all customers in each of the 14 GSP Groups, for the purposes of delivering the Service. In rare cases, National Grid ESO may request detailed half hourly data around the events to audit performance and payment, which may include consumption data on an individual customer basis. By entering the Service you agree to your information being used as such.
- Octopus Energy in its sole discretion reserves the right to withdraw or vary the Rules and/or any offer made in connection with them in order to comply with the decision of any relevant judicial or regulatory body and shall not be held liable to any entrant for doing so.
Terms & Conditions for the Saving Session Heat Pump Prize Draw
These Terms and Conditions apply to the ‘Saving Sessions’ Prize Draw prize draws (the “Prize Draw”). By entering the Prize Draw, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- Details specific to the Prize Draw are displayed on our website; https://octopus.energy/saving-sessions-terms-conditions/
- The Prize Draw will be run by Octopus Energy Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 09263424 and registered office 2nd Floor, UK House, 164-182 Oxford Street, London W1D 1NN (“Octopus Energy”).
- These terms and conditions are the rules (“Rules”) that apply to this Prize Draw. By entering this Prize Draw, you are agreeing to be bound by these Rules and any other applicable instructions.
- Octopus Energy reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize Draw and/or the Rules without prior notice, but we will do our best to avoid doing so. Any changes will be posted on our website.
- In the event of any dispute regarding any aspect of the Prize Draw, the decision of Octopus Energy shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- These Prize Draw terms and conditions are separate to the terms and conditions for the supply of gas and electricity that you will have with Octopus Energy and will not affect your rights and obligations under those terms.
Prize Draw Entry
- Entrants must be customers of Octopus Energy with an active electricity supply and opt into the specific Saving Sessions specified in paragraph 12.
- The Prize Draw is open to entrants aged 18 or over residing in Great Britain (excl. Northern Ireland) are eligible to take part in the Prize Draw.
- By entering the Prize Draw, you warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. If any information you submit is found to be fraudulent or incorrectly completed or if Octopus Energy has reasonable grounds to believe that you have breached any of the Rules, Octopus Energy reserves the right to disqualify you from the Prize Draw.
- None of the employees, or family members of employees of Octopus Energy or the Octopus Energy group may take part in the Prize Draw.
- No liability is accepted for entries that are not received by Octopus Energy for any reason. Octopus Energy retains the right to refuse admission of any illegitimate Prize Draw entries.
- Only participants who opt into the Monday 13th Feb Saving Session by 17:29 on the 13th February will be entered into this prize draw.
- The prize will be the installation of a Daikin heat pump (model EDLA-e or EDLA HP) with radiator upgrades including up to 3 radiators, one hot water cylinder installed on the 1st floor or ground floor and above ground pipework. We will include insulation costs up to the value of £1000.
- The suitability of your property for the installation of a heat pump will be determined via an online survey and if progressed, a home survey. In the event that your property is not suitable for a heat pump installation or you do not want a heat pump, we will offer an alternative prize of £4000. This will be added to your Octopus Energy account within 30 days and can be refunded into your bank account if you wish. Our decision on the suitability of your property for a heat pump is final.
- If the install is more complex and requires additional parts or labour outside of a standard installation, this cost would need to be covered by the customer.
- Before a survey can be carried out, the customer will need to have an up to date EPC for their property.
- If the install requires readiness activity that is outside of a standard installation such as DNO work, fuse upgrade, asbestos check, Planning Permission, disconnecting Oil or Solar Thermal systems, replacing electric showers or ground work, the effort and cost will need to be borne by the customer and completed prior to booking your install.
- The winners will be randomly selected using a computer script.
- The winners will be announced no later than 2 weeks after the prize draw and will be notified by a phone call. If Octopus Energy is unable to reach the winner by telephone, an email will be sent with details on how to get in touch with us to claim your prize.
- By entering this Prize Draw, you are agreeing to be contacted by Octopus Energy (using the contact details you have provided us with on your account) should you win. If a winner does not make contact with Octopus Energy to accept their prize within 5 business days of Octopus Energy attempting to notify the winner, another winner will be selected.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable other than at the sole discretion of Octopus Energy.
Data Protection and Publicity
- By entering this Prize Draw you agree to us using your first name, first letter of your surname and town in relation to the Prize Draw and the promotion, including but not limited to use on the Octopus Energy website and in the media, in materials produced by or on behalf of Octopus Energy and press should you win. Octopus Energy will retain the rights to any media and materials produced.
- Octopus Energy in its sole discretion reserves the right to withdraw or vary the terms of Prize Draws and promotions and/or any offer made in connection with them in order to comply with the decision of any relevant judicial or regulatory body and shall not be held liable to any entrant for so doing.
- Unless otherwise specified in writing, in the event that you are required to travel to take part in any Prize Draw, you are responsible for making all your own arrangements.
- The Prize Draw is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window