Grantham Climate Art Prize Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions apply to the ‘Grantham Climate Art Prize’ Competition (the “Competition”). By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- Details specific to the Competition are displayed on our website; https://octopus.energy/Grantham-Art
- The Competition will be run by Octopus Energy Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 09263424 and registered office 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT (“Octopus Energy”) in conjunction with Grantham Institute - Climate Change and the Environment at Imperial College London.
- These terms and conditions are the rules (“Rules”) that apply to this Competition. By entering this Competition, you are agreeing to be bound by these Rules and any other applicable instructions.
- Octopus Energy reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition and/or the Rules without prior notice, but we will do our best to avoid doing so. Any changes will be posted on our website.
- In the event of any dispute regarding any aspect of the Competition, the decision of Octopus Energy shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- These Competition terms and conditions are separate to the terms and conditions for the supply of gas and electricity that you will have with Octopus Energy and will not affect your rights and obligations under those terms.
- Entrants must be aged 12-25. Only residents of Great Britain are eligible to take part in the Competition. We will not ask for proof of age for initial entry but we will require proof of age if you are shortlisted to win. (This will be a valid passport, driver’s licence or birth certificate). You are not required to attend an Imperial College workshop related to the Grantham Climate Art Prize in order to enter the Competition.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must seek permission from their parent or legal guardian to enter.
- To enter the Competition, you must send an image of your original artwork. Your artwork must correspond to the criteria set out in the document found at this link: link. In addition, you must also fill out the entry form, which will require you to send us your name, email address, phone number, the city you would like your artwork to feature in and a title and description of your artwork (the “Information”) between 13:00 on 1st September 2021 and 23:59 on 24th September 2021 (the “Promotional Period”). One artwork submission is equivalent to one entry in the Competition. Entrants may enter multiple artworks but will only be eligible to win one prize spot. *We have extended the competition to 9am on 4th October 2021.
- Only entrants who submitted artwork during the Promotional Period will be entered into the Competition, unless otherwise specified in writing.
- Any entrant who attempts to take part in the Competition in a manner which Octopus Energy deems is contrary to these terms and conditions or the Rules, may be removed from the Competition at Octopus Energy’s sole discretion.
- A competition entry will only count for the purposes of this Competition if the entrant successfully sends the artwork image and the Information. Should an entry be unsuccessful for any reason (for example we do not receive the entry or the artwork image is not included), this will not count as an entry. The final decision shall be at Octopus Energy’s complete and sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into over any dispute.
- By entering the Competition, you warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. If any information you submit is found to be fraudulent or incorrectly completed or if Octopus Energy has reasonable grounds to believe that you have breached any of the Rules, Octopus Energy reserves the right to disqualify you from the Competition.
- None of the employees, or family members of employees of Octopus Energy or the Octopus Energy group may take part in the Competition.
- No liability is accepted for entries that are not received by Octopus Energy for any reason. Octopus Energy retains the right to refuse admission of any illegitimate competition entries.
- Octopus Energy will not be liable to reimburse any expenses incurred with entering the Competition.
- The winners will be chosen by a panel of judges from the Grantham Institute - Climate Change and the Environment at Imperial College London, the Natural History Museum’s Real World Science Network, UK Youth for Nature and one representative of Octopus Energy with artists and scientists selected by these organisations. The judges’ decision will be made on or before 1 October 2021. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winning 7 artworks will be replicated on a wall mural in 7 individual cities in the UK and on outdoor media in London. We reserve the right to adapt, add to, or alter the winning design in order to be suitable for the dimensions of either the mural or billboard location. By entering this Competition you hereby agree to our use of any and all intellectual property rights in your artwork required to give effect to the replication of your artwork in accordance with these Rules. We also reserve the right to exclude any artworks that cannot be adapted suitably to our outdoor media.
- The 7 winners will also be eligible to receive a £250 cash prize which the winners will receive within 30 days of providing the relevant bank account details for payment to Octopus Energy. Winners who do not have a bank account may nominate an account of a parent or guardian’s account to receive the cash prize.
- Octopus Energy cannot guarantee the location of the mural or billboard and reserves the right to change the location that the artwork will appear at and/or add more locations.
- The winners will be announced in the week commencing 27 September 2021 (*Updated to the week commencing 04 October 2021) and will be notified by a phone call. If Octopus Energy is unable to reach the winner by telephone, an email will be sent with details on how to get in touch with us to claim your prize.
- By entering this Competition, you are agreeing to be contacted by Octopus Energy (using the contact details you have provided us with on your account) should you win. If a winner does not make contact with Octopus Energy to accept their prize within 5 business days of Octopus Energy attempting to notify the winner, another winner will be selected.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable other than at the sole discretion of Octopus Energy and there is no cash alternative.
Data Protection and Publicity
- By entering this Competition you agree to our use of your name and image in relation to the Competition and the promotion, including but not limited to use of your name and image on the Octopus Energy website and in the media, in materials produced by or on behalf of Octopus Energy or Grantham Institute - Climate Change and the Environment at Imperial College London, and/or partnering artists, museum and press should you win. Octopus Energy will retain the rights to any media and materials produced.
- To obtain the surname and county of the winners please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Octopus Energy in its sole discretion reserves the right to withdraw or vary the terms of Competitions and promotions and/or any offer made in connection with them in order to comply with the decision of any relevant judicial or regulatory body and shall not be held liable to any entrant for so doing.
- Unless otherwise specified in writing, in the event that you are required to travel to take part in any Competition, you are responsible for making all your own arrangements.
- The Competition is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window