How we hire
Everything you need to know about our hiring process, from applying all the way through to getting the job.
Working at Octopus
The hiring process for Octopus Energy Group
Whether you're looking for a job in tech, marketing & product, data, finance, here's how your journey to Octopus might look.
- Intro phone chat. First, our talent team reach out to you, getting to know you in a quick, informal phone call. This covers your interests and skills, interest in Octopus, and looks at whether there is a good fit on both sides. This usually takes about 20-30 minutes.
- First interview. This is usually an informal meet with your hiring manager either virtually or one of our UK offices. After this stage, there'll sometimes a short take-home challenge too depending on the role you're applying for.
- Second interview. The next stage is generally a more formal meet, often with two hiring managers.
- If you’re successful, our talent team will get in touch to offer you the job! 🎉 They'll talk you through the offer with you, send a formal 'conditional' offer via email, and prepare your contract. If things didn't work out this time, we'll still give you in-depth feedback and try to help you improve for next time.
The hiring process for operations jobs at Octopus Energy Group
Here's what you need to know about hiring and training in operations, whether you're keen to be an energy specialist, Digital Operations specialist, or anything else in our award-winning operations team. (This is generally how we do things, though it can differ a bit depending on the position).
- Our recruitment partners will ring or video call you for a quick chat.
- They’ll take you through a couple of verbal and numerical reasoning tests.
- If everything feels a good fit, we'll then invite you to a Discovery Day – a unique virtual group interview format where you'll learn more about our organisation, the role, and our culture – and we'll learn about you, your skills, and your ambitions for the future.
- If successful, you'll have a final meeting – most likely at one of our UK offices, so you can get a feel for the office vibe (if you're applying for a remote role, this stage will be virtual too!)
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window