If you do not agree to these Website & App Terms, you must not use our website or apps.
These Website & App Terms were last updated on 9 May 2022.
- For the purposes of these Website & App Terms "Group Company" means a company or corporation which is: (i) the ultimate Holding Company of a person; or (ii) a Subsidiary of a person; or (iii) a Subsidiary of the ultimate Holding Company of a person; or (iv) an Associate of a person; each as defined in Section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006 and Section 430 of the Corporation Tax Act 2010.
- We may update and change our website from time to time for any reason, such as to reflect changes to our products and customer needs.
- We may update our apps over time and you agree to download any relevant updates if you want to continue using our apps. We can’t promise that our apps will always work with the Android & iOS version that you have installed on your device.
- We may stop making our apps available at any time without giving you notice, although we would always seek to give you reasonable notice if we do stop making our apps available.
- We may also amend these terms from time to time, so please check back here before using our website or apps.
- While we try to make our website and apps available at all times, we do not guarantee that our site, apps, or any content contained within, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We will not be liable if our website or apps are unavailable for any period of time.
- Certain functions of our apps will need an active internet connection to function and we are not responsible for the cost of any connection to our apps, nor if our apps do not function properly for you because you don't have an active internet connection.
- By using our apps, you are accepting responsibility for any charges incurred for connecting to the internet, including data roaming charges.
Other terms and conditions
- These Website & App Terms are for use of our website and apps only and are separate to any other contract we may have with you.
- If you purchase any goods from our site or apps, the terms and conditions for that product or service will apply.
Third party websites
- Where our website or apps contain links to other sites provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only and are not an endorsement.
- We have no control over the contents of those third party sites and so will not accept any responsibility for any materials on there.
- It's your responsibility to keep your phone and access to our apps secure.
- You must treat your user identification and passwords confidential and must not disclose these to any third party. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you should change your password online immediately, and notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are still concerned.
- We do not guarantee that our website or apps will be secure or free from bugs or viruses and you are responsible for configuring your own computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
Content and payment
- We provide our website and apps free of charge and the content on our website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
- We will never charge you for use of our apps without giving you prior written notice.
- We now offer payment functionality through Apple Pay and Google Pay. If you choose to pay through either of these services, their respective terms and conditions will apply in addition to your agreements with us.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update and ensure the accuracy of the information we provide on our website and in our apps, we make no guarantee that the content on our website and in our apps is accurate, complete or up to date.
- You must not attempt to copy or modify any part of our apps or our trademarks or website, or attempt to extract the source code of our apps, translate our apps into other languages, or make derivative versions of our apps.
Linking to our site
- You may, of course, link to any page on our website as long as the link is for fair and legal purposes and is not used to damage or take advantage of our reputation.
- We do move and delete pages from time to time, so links to anything other than our home page may not always work.
- We may request links to be removed at any time, or if they contravene these Website & App Terms.
- We own the copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights contained in the content and materials on our website and app.
- You must not sell, licence, distribute or otherwise make available the content of our website.
- Nothing on our website or in our app gives anyone a licence or right to use any of the content without our prior consent.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so.
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our website or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with (i) your use of, or inability to use, our website or apps; or (ii) your use of or reliance on any content displayed on our website or apps.
- These Website & Apps Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales, and any disputes arising shall be dealt with exclusively by the English courts.
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window