Extra support for those who need it.
Extra help for customers during the energy crisis
Please, please get in contact with us if you’re struggling with your bills. There are many ways we can help.
We set up the Octo Assist Fund in November 2021 as part of our campaign to help those worried about paying for their energy during this Winter. If you're an Octopus customer, you can access our Financial Support form here – a quick and simple online tool which asks you a series of questions about your financial situation. We can offer a number of support options based on circumstances and need, including access to existing schemes, monetary support from the fund, or a loan of a thermal imagery camera to find heat leaks at home.
To help all of our customers use gas more efficiently at home, we’ve also also run the Winter Workout challenge over the past 12 weeks. Over 250,000 customers opted in to this ground-breaking programme, and those who saved gas cut their bills by an average of 12%. Collectively our customers saved nearly £4,000,000 in bills, and 14.3 million tonnes of CO2.
You can try out the simple tips that helped people cut gas bills and stay cosy here.
For vulnerable customers who need extra help with their energy supply, we offer the following additional services.
Priority Services Register
If you are of pensionable age, disabled or chronically sick, we can add you to our priority services register (PSR). You’ll be asked if you’d like to be added to the register when you join. If you’re already a member you can add yourself to the register in the “Priority Services” section of your account.
When you are on the PSR you can take advantage of our Priority Services designed to make your life easier. You can:
- Nominate someone to take care of your account for you. We will send your nominated person your statements, as long as they agree to receive them
- We can install a smart meter free of charge if you are unable to read your meter yourself
- We can install a smart meter if no-one in your house can reach your current prepayment meter to top up
- If you are concerned about your security, you can set a passphrase for our representatives to use to identify themselves (they will always wear an identity card as well)
- If you are having trouble reading your statements for any reason, contact us and we will assist you
Gas Safety Check
If you are on our PSR and live alone or with others who are of pensionable age, chronically sick or disabled, or you live with a child under the age of 5 then you could be eligible for a free gas safety check provided:
- You do not live in a property where the landlord is responsible for arranging a gas safety check
- You receive a means-tested benefit
- You have not had a gas safety check carried out in the premises in the last 12 months
Your check will be carried out by a qualified person and will include checks of gas appliances and any other gas fittings. We’ll check the effectiveness of any flue, the air-supply, the operating pressure and that it is functioning safely. To arrange your gas safety check call us on 0808 164 1088.
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window