We're on a mission to bring clean, green energy and zero carbon transport to Britain
So this Black Friday season, every Octopus Energy customer can win epic electric transport prizes. Sign up before 7th December for a free prize draw entry (our awesome existing customers get one too), and refer friends for more entries...and £100 credit to share!
Every referral you make will still include the usual £50 credit to both parties for referring.Read the full Terms and Conditions
Spread the word
We've made a poster to help you get your link out there - download it here, add your unique link, and stick it wherever friends, family or co-workers will see.
Every Octopus Energy customer on the 7th December gets a free entry into the draw.
The three legendary customers who have referred the most friends between 23rd November and 7th December will win their choice of the prizes. 1st place gets the first pick, 2nd in the table gets the second pick, and 3rd – you guessed it – gets third pick.
During the competition you can check your number of referrals in the league table on this page to see how well you're doing.
If you make referrals between 23rd November and 7th December you will get additional entries in the prize draw. One referral = One entry. Five referrals = Five entries.
Every referral you make will still include the usual £50 credit to both parties for referring.
Referrals are counted when a customer referral link is followed and the new customer starts their switch to Octopus Energy.
Entries are only valid for referrals who come through a customer's direct referral link. Third party links from other websites, unfortunately, won't get an entry into the prize draw.
We encourage people to get creative with where they share their referral link but don't pay for online advertising.
Don't post your link on public forums like TrustPilot – we'll have to kindly ask you to take them down.
All referrals made for the competition should be on supply 17 days after the competition ends. Any referrals who have cancelled in that time will not be counted.
We will know by New Years Day who the confirmed winners are and we'll let you know after the holidays if you've won an epic prize.
Minimum age to enter is 18.Read our full T&Cs here
I've referred a friend, how do I know if it has been counted?
Everyone's referrals are being counted and can be viewed on the live league table so customers can see how well they're doing in the competition.
Referrals in the competition are counted once a tariff has been chosen, all details have been entered and the account confirmed.
If you don't see the referral appear on the live league table it's likely your friend either hasn't entered all of their details yet or confirmed their account.
Be sure that your friends sign-up through your unique referral link too. If they sign up elsewhere the referral won't be counted.
Where can I share my referral code?
We want you to share your code far and wide, but there are a few restrictions. The main one is that you can't spam third party sites with it, such as adding it to your TrustPilot review – it's against their regulations, and we get contacted every time it happens.
Your code is designed for you to share with people you know, so go to town on Facebook, pin it to the top of your Twitter page, or even print it off and give it out at any events you attend!
I've referred friends in the past. Why wasn't there a competition then?
So it's a fair competition for everyone, customers who have referred friends in the past will start with up to two referrals that already count towards their tally.
As much as we'd like to make sure everyone is driving an electric vehicle, it's just not possible to give away electric cars all the time.
This looks really expensive! Why don't you give the money to your customers instead?
Actually, thanks to our friends at OctopusEV the amount we've spent is only equivalent to 29p per customer – which isn't too excessive.
However, if you don't wish to take part in the competition you can opt-out and claim your 29p when the competition starts.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition will be run by Octopus Energy Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 09263424 and registered office 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT ("Octopus Energy").
- These terms and conditions, together with any specific rules set out in any communications relating to the competition, are the competition rules ("Rules") and apply to this competition. By entering this competition, you are agreeing to be bound by these Rules and any other applicable instructions.
- Details specific to the competition are displayed on our website; www.octopus.energy.com/blackfriday.
- Octopus Energy reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and/or the Rules without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on our website.
- In the event of any dispute regarding any aspect of the competition, the decision of Octopus Energy shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If you are a customer of Octopus Energy, there is no entry fee to enter this competition. Entrants must be 18 or over. Only residents of Great Britain are eligible to sign up to Octopus Energy and take part in the competition.
- To enter the competition, you must use your unique referral link to refer friends to Octopus Energy. One referral is equivalent to one entry in the prize draw.
- Only referrals made through your personal link will be counted — any sign–ups via a third party (including but not limited to uSwitch, Money Saving Expert, Arsenal FC, Mumsnet and Itrea) will not be counted as a referral, and signing up via these platforms will not give you an entry into the draw.
- Everyone who is a customer of Octopus Energy on 7th December will automatically get one entry into the prize draw.
- If at any time whilst you have been a customer of Octopus Energy you have made a referral, this will count towards your referral tally for the purposes of this competition, up to a maximum of 2 referrals per person.
- Only referrals made between 23rd November at 00:00 and 7th December at 23:59 will be entered into the draw, unless otherwise specified in writing.
- All referrals must be legitimate and referred as per our General Terms & Conditions for Domestic Customers, which can be found on our website at octopus.energy/policies/terms-and-conditions
- Any entrant who attempts to take part in the competition in a manner which Octopus Energy deems is contrary to these terms and conditions or the Rules, or is by its nature unfair to other entrants, may be removed from the competition at Octopus Energy's sole discretion.
- A referral will only count for the purposes of this competition if the referee successfully transfers onto supply with Octopus Energy (which will require the provision of all relevant data such as name, address, contact details, payment details and direct debit information). Should any of the referrals be unsuccessful for any reason (for example if they are fraudulent referrals or if the referee decides to not complete their switch to Octopus Energy), this will not count as an entry and Octopus Energy reserves the right to adjust the league table accordingly. The final decision shall be at Octopus Energy's complete and sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into over any dispute.
- By entering the competition, you warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. If any information you submit is found to be fraudulent or incorrectly completed or if Octopus Energy has reasonable grounds to believe that you have breached any of the Rules, Octopus Energy reserves the right to disqualify you from the competition.
- None of the employees, or family members of employees of Octopus Energy or Octopus Group or any of its holding companies, subsidiaries or affiliate companies, their agents, or those of their respective group companies may take part in the competition.
- No liability is accepted for entries that are not received by Octopus Energy for any reason. Octopus Energy retains the right to refuse admission of any illegitimate referrals.
- Octopus Energy will not be liable to reimburse any expenses incurred with entering the competition.
- The prizes are detailed on our website and the winners will be chosen using the selection process also detailed on our website at octopus.energy.com/blackfriday.
- The person with the most referrals will have first choice of prize, with the second and third people with the most referrals having second and third choice of prize respectively. All other prizes will be allocated at random.
- The winners will be announced on New Years Day (1st January 2019) and will be notified by a phone call. If Octopus Energy are unable to reach the winner by telephone, an email will be sent with details on how to get in touch with us to claim your prize.
- By entering this competition, you are agreeing to be contacted by Octopus Energy (using the contact details you have provided us with on your account) should you win. If, after a fifth attempt by Octopus Energy to make contact with you over a period of 3 months is unsuccessful, another winner will be selected.
- In the case of a tie, the customer with the earliest referral, within the timeframe of the competition, will be placed higher in the league table.
- The date of delivery of prizes will be subject to availability. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable other than at the sole discretion of Octopus Energy and there is no cash alternative.
Data Protection and Publicity
- By entering this competition you agree to reasonable use of your name and image on our website and in the media and materials produced by or on behalf of Octopus Energy should you win. Octopus Energy will retain the rights to any media and materials produced.
- Octopus Energy in its sole discretion reserves the right to withdraw or vary the terms of competitions and promotions and/or any offer made in connection with them in order to comply with the decision of any relevant judicial or regulatory body and shall not be held liable to any entrant for so doing.
- Unless otherwise specified in writing, in the event that you are required to travel to take part in any competition, you are responsible for making all your own arrangements.
Hey! Just so you know, your device is fully charged and you're still charging it. Removing the charger will avoid degrading your battery 😊×Close window