Octoplus Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (the “T&Cs”) apply to Octoplus, a rewards programme owned and run by Octopus Energy. By using Octoplus, you agree to be bound by the following T&Cs.
- Octoplus is run by Octopus Energy Group Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 09718624 and registered office UK House, 5th Floor, 164-182 Oxford Street, London, W1D 1NN (“Octopus Energy”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
- These T&Cs, together with any communications with you relating to Octoplus, are the terms that apply to Octoplus.
- In the event of any dispute regarding any aspect of Octoplus, the decision of Octopus Energy shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- These Octoplus T&Cs are separate to the terms governing your supply of gas and electricity that you have with Octopus Energy Limited or Octopus Energy Operations Limited (together being “Octopus Energy Supply”), and will not affect your rights and obligations under those terms.
- There is no entry fee to join Octoplus.
- To sign up to Octoplus you need to opt-in from your Octopus Energy app or online account dashboard and accept these T&Cs.
- To be eligible for Octoplus, you must:
- Be 18 or over
- Be a resident of Great Britain (excluding Northern Ireland) and a current electricity supply customer of Octopus Energy Supply
- Have a working electricity smart meter and have consented to us collecting half-hourly readings
- Have an active monthly direct debit in place (unless you have a smart prepayment meter)
- Comply with these T&Cs at all times
- Octoplus allows you to access discounted and/or free products and services from our partners (“Rewards”) from time to time, as well as access services such as Saving Sessions and Free Electricity Sessions.
- Our whitelabel products Co-op Energy, Affect and Ebico, and business customers can also take part provided you meet the eligibility criteria above.
- If you do any of the following, we reserve the right to remove you from Octoplus:
- You remove your consent for us to take half-hourly meter readings
- Your smart meter becomes disconnected for a continuous period of 30 days or more
- You cancel your direct debit
- You cease being an electricity customer of Octopus Energy Supply
- You breach either these T&Cs or your energy supply terms and conditions
- If you are removed from Octoplus because you no longer meet the eligibility criteria, you will not be able to earn more Octopoints, but you will be able to exchange existing Octopoints into account credit or redeem Octopoints for Rewards.
- If you cease being an electricity customer of Octopus Energy Supply, you will not be able to redeem or exchange existing Octopoints into account credit or Rewards. Your Octopoints will remain in your account until they expire or you rejoin Octopus Energy Supply.
- If you move house but stay with Octopus Energy as your electricity supplier, your Octopoints will be transferred.
- If you have multiple property accounts, you will have access to just one Octoplus account but will be able to claim Octopoints across multiple properties.
- Octopoints are the credit earned and used within Octoplus and you can earn Octopoints that can be exchanged for Rewards.
- Octopoints are valid for 3 years from the date they are added to your Octoplus account, after which time they will automatically expire and cannot be renewed.
- Octopoints can be exchanged for cash on your Octopus Energy Supply balance, or redeemed in exchange for certain Rewards. The number of Octopoints needed to redeem a Reward will be made clear in your account.
- Octopoints earned during Saving Sessions prior to the launch of Octoplus will automatically be transferred to your Octoplus account.
- Octopoints will be issued when you do certain things, for example:
- Spin the Wheel of Fortune
- Use less electricity during Saving Sessions
- Referring a friend for electricity supply
- Referring a friend for solar panel installation
- Getting a smart meter (one-time redemption)
- Anything else we may choose to add in communications around Octoplus
- Certain actions will be a one-time only redemption and will we flag this in communications with you.
- We reserve the right to remove and add ways in which you can earn Octopoints.
- You can track and redeem Octopoints in your energy account.
- You can transfer your Octopoints between your Octopus Energy Supply accounts, and cannot be substituted for any other gift, voucher or cash value except as set out by us.
- Once you have chosen to redeem Octopoints against a Reward, you will not be able to swap for another or get your used Octopoints reinstated and we accept no responsibility for any costs associated with your selection, so please be sure before confirming your choice.
- The accumulation of Octopoints does not entitle you to any vested rights, and we do not guarantee the continued availability of any particular Reward, redemption level, rebate or any other benefit. We accept no liability to you in relation to the addition or deletion of Rewards from or for which Octopoints can be collected or redeemed.
- Rewards can be accessed by redeeming Octopoints. When you redeem a Reward, we will deduct the appropriate number of Octopoints from your Octoplus account.
- Some Rewards will need to be accessed by visiting a physical location operated by one of our partners. However, there may also be Rewards that can be accessed online. We will provide you with instructions explaining how you can access each of the Rewards that you are eligible for.
- If the Reward is a free product or service, then no purchase will be required. If the Reward is a discounted product or service, then you will need to pay the discounted price to our relevant partner in order to access the Reward.
- The Reward claim procedure is hosted and managed by the Marketing Lounge Partnership (“MLP”) on behalf of Octopus Energy. Each Reward will have its own terms and conditions that apply to it, which will be made available to you at the point of redemption.
Data Protection and Information
- We will share your personal data with MLP strictly to the extent necessary to process, verify and issue Rewards and to answer any queries related specifically to Octoplus. By signing up to Octoplus, you agree to your information being used and shared in this way.
- By joining Octoplus, you warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. If any information you submit is found to be fraudulent or incorrectly completed or if we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have breached any of these T&Cs, we reserve the right to remove you from Octoplus and will not be liable for any losses (including lost Octopoints) you incur from this.
- We reserve the right to cancel, suspend or amend Octoplus and these T&Cs without prior notice. We will inform you of any changes and the latest copy of our terms and conditions will be available on our website.
- If at any point you wish to opt-out of Octoplus you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you.
- We may transfer, subcontract, assign or novate any or all of our rights or obligations under these T&Cs without your consent.
- We do not limit or exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligent acts or omissions.
- We will not be liable to reimburse you for any expenses incurred with being part of Octoplus, and are not liable to you for any loss due to circumstances beyond our control or any loss which is indirect, consequential, economic or financial.
- If you suffer any loss or damage that we are responsible for, our liability to you will be limited to a maximum of £1000 in any calendar year.
- These T&Cs are governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Version 1.0 – last updated 17 October 2023.
Saving Sessions Terms and Conditions
- The terms and conditions in this subsection apply to Octopus Energy Saving Sessions (“Saving Sessions”).
- Saving Sessions are part of the National Grid Electricity System Operator’s (ESO) Demand Flexibility Service.
- These Saving Sessions T&Cs, together with any specific rules set out in any communications relating to Saving Sessions are the Saving Sessions rules (“Saving Sessions Rules”). By entering Savings Sessions, you are agreeing to be bound by these Saving Sessions Rules and any other applicable instructions provided to you by us.
- We reserve the right to cancel or amend Saving Sessions and/or the Saving Sessions Rules without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on our website.
- In the event of any dispute regarding any aspect of the Saving Sessions Service, the decision of Octopus Energy shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In addition to the eligibility requirements in section 7 of the Octoplus T&Cs, to be eligible for Saving Sessions, you must:
- not be taking part in the Electricity System Operator’s (ESO) Demand Flexibility Service with another provider
- not have left the Saving Sessions at any point to take part with another provider
- The Saving Sessions period will start at 00:01 on the 30th October 2023 and does not have a definitive end date.
- The number of turn down windows (ie Saving Sessions) throughout the coming winter period will be at the ESO’s discretion. You will be able to decide which Saving Sessions (if any) you want to participate in. Prior to each Saving Session, we will attempt to send you a notification of the Saving Session window and the available payment per kWh turn down (the “Incentive”). The Incentive is not fixed and may be different for each Saving Session.
- We have the right to initiate our own Saving Sessions that do not form part of the ESO’s Demand Flexibility Service.
- To be eligible for Incentive payments, you must opt-in to the Saving Session before it begins, and reduce electricity import as measured by your smart meter compared to a “Baseline” during any of the half-hours of the Saving Session window.
- You will be paid the Incentive for each half-hour of the Saving Session that you turn down. We will use our reasonable endeavours to credit your account with Octopoints within 14 business days of each Saving Session.
- We will calculate your Baseline using the BSC P376 ‘Utilising a Baseline Methodology to set Physical Notifications’ without an in-day adjustment. The Baseline is the average consumption for the same period(s) of up to 60 days of your recent smart meter history, excluding days where a Saving Session has taken place.
- In the event that we’re unable to pull your meter readings to calculate your usage from any of the Saving Sessions, we’ll work it out using an average across all Saving Session participants. If at any point throughout the period you no longer satisfy the eligibility criteria under sections 7 of the Octoplus T&Cs and section 46 of these Saving Sessions T&Cs, we reserve the right to remove you from Saving Sessions.
- If your smart meter becomes disconnected or you move house, we may remove you from Saving Sessions.
- If you are on one of our Smart Tariffs, or are part of any of our smart meter trials, we may remove you from Saving Sessions at any point.
- By entering Saving Sessions, you warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. If any information you submit is found to be fraudulent or incorrectly completed or if we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have breached any T&Cs, we reserve the right to remove you from Saving Sessions.
- If you also have an export meter associated with your import meter signed up to the Saving Sessions, you will be credited on your net reduction (import - export), in line with the ESO Demand Flexibility Service specifications.
- We will not be liable to reimburse any expenses incurred with you entering Saving Sessions.
- If at any point you wish to opt-out of Saving Sessions, please email email@example.com and we will remove you. Please allow at least 14 business days from sending your opt-out email for our records to be updated.
Free Electricity Sessions Terms and Conditions
- In addition to the eligibility requirements in section 7 of the Octoplus T&Cs, to be eligible for Free Electricity Sessions, you must:
- Have a working electricity smart meter which has been sending us meter readings on a half-hourly basis at least 80% of the time for the last consecutive 20 days at the date we assess your application
- Opt-in to the Free Electricity Session before the deadline we give in our notice to you, or if no deadline is specified, then no later than 30 minutes before the relevant Free Electricity Session begins.
- We do not guarantee a minimum number of Free Electricity Sessions and there is no upper limit on how many sessions we might run. You will be able to choose which Free Electricity Sessions you participate in.
- Prior to each Free Electricity Session, we will send you a notification of the Free Electricity Session window. If you opt in, you will receive a credit on your bill equal to the cost of the electricity you used during the Free Electricity Session.
- We will pay you this amount for each half-hour of the Free Electricity Session into your Octopus account balance. We will use our reasonable endeavours to credit your account within 14 business days of each Free Electricity Session.
- In the event that we’re unable to pull your smart meter readings to calculate your usage from any of the Free Electricity Session, we’ll work it out using an estimate based on an average across all Free Electricity Session participants.
- If at any point you no longer satisfy the eligibility criteria under sections 7 of the Octoplus T&Cs and section 61 of these Free Electricity Session T&Cs, you may not get paid for any activity in these sessions.
- If your smart meter becomes disconnected or you move house, we may remove you from these sessions.
- If you are on one of our Smart Tariffs or are part of any of our smart meter trials, we may remove you from these sessions at any point.
Last updated 17 October 2023
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window