What Does a Standard EV Charge Point Installation Look Like?
A standard Charge Point Installation includes:
- the fitting of the charger on a brick or plaster wall, (or other suitable permanent structure);
- routing of the cable through 1 x drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm thick (where required);
- up to 15 metres of High Tuff cable, run and clipped to the wall between the consumer unit and the EV charger, up to a height of up to 1.8m;
- all electrical connections at the origin of the supply and the charging unit;
- type A RCD in metal Consumer Unit;
- up to 3 metres of plastic conduit or trunking to conceal interior wiring;
- electrical testing and NICEIC Certification;
- installation of a Matt-e unit (or alternative earthing unit) where the EV charging hardware necessitates; and
- demonstration of the Charge point functions and App.
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window