Win a Massive Smart Home Gadget Giveaway worth £5000!
AND THE WINNERS ARE...
Matthew wanted to ask Alexa to invent an actual electric and heat generating octopus that would warm his home with its 'noodle-like appendages'.
CONGRATULATIONS MATTHEW! You're the winner of our huge tech giveaway. Everything you see in the image below is yours...
Laura made us laugh with her entry - 'Alexa, out of Siri (iphone), Bixby (Samsung) and Cortana (Windows) which one would you shag, marry and kill' 😂
It was great to see a lot of selfless questions and humanitarian requests from our customers. Andrew came up with the eternally sweet request for Alexa 'to help save all the homeless cats'
How did we pick the winners?
All winners were randomly drawn from a shortlist of the best answers. We got loads of great entries ranging from the selfless and sweet to the morally ambiguous (think: night-time brainwashing).
Sorry if you missed out on a prize this time. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to be in the know about future competitions.
During the super hot summer we saw records breaking for solar energy generation. In fact, in June, our investors Octopus Investments were the biggest solar energy generators in the whole of the UK - a quarter of a million MegaWatt hours - 254,857 MWh, that’s enough to power a smart fridge freezer for 497,000 years! 😲😲😲😲 - or 1 Million households for the month.
How to enter...
1) Answer the question:
If the possibilities were endless, what's the first thing you'd ask your virtual assistant to do?
2) Tag the person you'd call to help you set up all the new gadgets if you win.
Note: This giveaway is for our customers only, so if you're not going 100% green with us yet, get involved for future giveaways.
Not a customer?
The draw took place on the 20th September
The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners have been announced on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Our 100 runners up will be emailed directly with their reward and how to redeem it in an email.
Alex, from Edmonton, was our first customer to win after we celebrated going 100% green. She also has a very green front garden. Thanks for being green Alex.
Not a customer? You can sign up in 2 minutes
“You could pay £1078 with British Gas, or £743 with Octopus”
Thanks to our friends...
Without our friends offering gifts for the competition we would not be able to offer such a fantastic reward.
We very occasionally get asked 'if we can afford these prizes why don't we just lower everyone's bills. The answer is simple. We're often gifted some of these prizes by brushing shoulders with those in the tech industry, sure we spend a little bit of money on the prizes but it really is just a little bit. We're very transparent about our pricing and we keep our prices low for our customers. We have spent over £1000 on the tech bundle prize. For a single individual this is a lot of money but we have over 200,000 customers. We could split the £1000 between all 200,000 of them (they'd get half a penny each) but that's not as exciting as a competition like this!
We're always open to your ideas for future competitions, so don't hesitate to drop us a message with your suggestions.
Love and Power!
Terms & Conditions:
- No purchase necessary - to enter, sign up with us for a chance of experiencing our fair pricing, brilliance service and 100% green electricity - but if you cancel within 14 days, we won’t charge you anything, and your entry will still be valid.
- Only customers who have liked one of our social pages will be entered into the prize draw. A maximum of three entries per residential property can be made. Customers will be entered into the draw for every social page liked by the customer.
- Only residents of Great Britain are eligible to sign up to this prize draw.
- None of the employees, nor any family members of employees, of Octopus Energy and its affiliate companies, their agents, or those of their respective group companies may take part in (1) prize draw promotions or (2) competitions that involve any element of judgment by or on behalf of Octopus Energy.
- Entries will be judged by our social media manager Maddie and her weird and wonderful sense of humour. The decision of the judges are final.
- By competing in this competition, you are agreeing to be contacted by Octopus Energy should you win. If an attempt to make contact is unsuccessful another winner will be drawn at random.
- By entering you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, any Specific Terms and Conditions relating to the relevant prize draw and any applicable instructions.
- Fraudulent or incorrectly completed entries will not be accepted, neither will entries made in breach or non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions. No liability is accepted for entries that are not received for any reason by Octopus Energy.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable other than at the sole discretion of Octopus Energy.
- By entering any competition, in the event that you are the winner you agree to reasonable use of your name and image on the website and in the media and materials produced by or on behalf of Octopus Energy. Octopus Energy will retain the rights to any media and materials produced.
- Octopus Energy in its sole discretion reserves the right to withdraw or vary the terms of competitions and promotions and/or any offer made in connection with them in order to comply with the decision of any relevant judicial or regulatory body and shall not be held liable to any entrant for so doing.
- Unless otherwise specified in writing, in the event that you are required to travel to take part in any event, you are responsible for making all your own arrangements.
- The promotion will be run by Octopus Energy Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 09263424. Registered office: 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT. Trading office: 1 Upper James Street, Soho, London W1F 9DE
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window