COVID-19: Ensuring safe meter installations
For our most up-to-date guidance on COVID-19 please keep an eye on this page.
During the coronavirus outbreak (Covid-19), we have implemented the following guidance to ensure the safety of our customers and team during smart meter installs:
- Our engineers carry out regular self-testing at home
- We’ve given all our engineers antiviral, antibacterial hand wipes and/or hand gel to use between appointments
- Our engineers will wipe down any equipment they touch with antiviral wipes (including any new equipment they install)
- Face masks have been issued to our engineers and will be worn at all times when indoors.
- Our engineers will continue to follow a 2 metre social distancing policy throughout the entire job, so we would ask that customers give our engineers space to work.
- Usually, some of your smart meter connection is done using iPads or tablets, but at the moment your engineer won’t be able to pass the device to you, and may ask you questions instead
- Our team have received advice on how to identify symptoms of COVID-19
- They’ve also been asked to self-isolate if they begin to feel unwell
- All Octopus Energy and third-party installer offices have increased cleaning schedules.
What you can do
If you have any concerns you may have the virus, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call your installer as soon as possible, so that we can inform the engineer and rearrange your appointment for a future date. The phone number for your installer will be on your booking confirmation email.
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window