COVID-19: Ensuring safe meter installations
For our most up-to-date guidance on COVID-19 please keep an eye on this page.
During the coronavirus outbreak (Covid-19), we have implemented the following guidance to ensure the safety of our customers and team during urgent and emergency meter installs:
- All our engineers have been issued with hand wipes and/or hand gel that kill the virus to use between appointments
- Engineers will receive daily reminders to wash hands more often and for longer
- Ipads or tablets used by the engineer during the appointment will not be passed to customers - your engineer may ask your questions instead
- Face masks have been issued to wear at the engineers discretion
- All employees have received advice on how to identify symptoms of COVID-19
- All employees have been asked to self-isolate if they begin to feel unwell
- All Octopus Energy and third party installer offices have increased cleaning schedules
What you can do
If you have any concerns you may have the virus, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call your installer as soon as possible, so that we can inform the engineer and rearrange your appointment for a future date. The phone number for your installer will be on your booking confirmation email.
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window