Octopus Energy Services: the smart hardware experts
Octopus Energy Services are smart hardware specialists. We're a company devoted to installing the tech to transform UK households into the 100% green smart homes of the future – from smart meters to electric vehicle chargers.
As a licensed Meter Operator (MOP), smart meter installations are a huge part of what we do. We make the process of getting your smart meter straightforward and hassle free, with the same relentless dedication to customer service Octopus is known for.
- Find out more about OES
- Why should I get a smart meter?
- Want to book a smart meter installation?
- Booked your smart meter installation? Here's everything you need to know about your appointment
- Just had your smart meter installed? Here's everything you need to know about your new meter
- The government's smart meter rollout is a massive, complex national project aiming to install smart meters in every household in the UK. That has come with some challenges, but we're proud to be facing them head on and being totally transparent about them. Read more about how we're addressing smart meter challenges here.
- 2020 has changed so much about how at-home visits work. Here's my latest update on the status of Octopus smart meter installations in October 2020.
- Our team is full of brilliant, passionate people dedicated to helping those in need. Read about how our engineers have stepped up to help during the pandemic, delivering crucial medication for pharmacies and parcels for local food banks.
- Meet the team
- We want to build a smarter, greener energy system, so we've got a lot of work to do. Read about Careers @ Octopus Energy Services.
Find out more about OES
If you’re interested in how and why Octopus Energy Services was founded, how we're disrupting the traditional expectations of smart meter installers, our values, the challenges we’re rising to and how we're going to grow in pursuit of building the smart homes of the future, read The Octopus Energy Services Story.
Why should I get a smart meter?
Smart meters are the cornerstone of a smarter, greener energy system. They're more convenient (no more meter readings), they help you keep track of your energy usage, and they give you access to cheaper, greener energy through Octopus Energy’s unique, innovative smart tariffs!
If you’re still wondering about what exactly makes smart meters so great, you can find out more here.
Want to book a smart meter installation?
Head to your online account - if there’re appointments available, you’ll be able to choose a time and date that suits you and book your appointment. If there aren’t appointments available, you can register your interest in a smart meter and we’ll email you as soon as they’re available.
Booked your smart meter installation?
If you’ve already booked your smart meter installation, congratulations - you’re a step closer to greener, more convenient metering, and you’ll soon have access to our revolutionary smart tariffs too! Got an appointment coming up? Here’s everything you need to know
Just had your smart meter installed?
If you’ve just had your smart meter installed - nice one! Why not read up on life with a smart meter to find out about the benefits you’ve unlocked, how to read your new In-Home Display, smart meter specific energy saving tips, and more.
Why can’t we always tell you when you’re going to get your smart meter?
Like every other supplier, we've regrettably had to pause our smart meter installations several times this year. We’re prioritising emergencies and vulnerable customers, and lockdown has also meant we’re having to plan additional flexibility into our schedule (due to rising cancellations).
Despite ongoing restrictions, with each week that has gone by since the first lockdown, we’ve installed more meters than the week before. You can find more information about the status of our current installations in this dedicated blog post.
OES case study: how our engineers stepped up to help during the pandemic
As the pandemic broke in March 2020, Octopus Energy Services had to halt all non-emergency jobs to keep customers and teams safe. But our engineers were keen to put their people skills and health and safety training to good use, so they set about supporting essential services and helping those who need an extra hand! From foodbanks to pharmacies, OES members came together to deliver food parcels, medicine, and PPE to those who needed it most.
Solving smart meter issues at Octopus
Smart meter issues are already uncommon and getting rarer every day, but we know how frustrating it can be waiting for issues to be resolved. That’s why we’re investing millions of pounds in building up our own smart installation and issue resolution teams, in this blog you’ll find a deep dive into how smart meter issues are resolved at Octopus.
We’re looking for motivated, engaged people to join our crack squad of octo-engineers in providing world class service and driving the green tech revolution on the ground! If this sounds like it could be you, be sure to check out our careers page!
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window