Most homes would slash their bills with Octopus Energy
More than 60% of households could make big savings by switching to Octopus Energy, and they'd be helping to save the planet in the process.
Click a link below to jump to each section and see our commitments in each area.
Honesty, transparency, and timely responses are important for building trust, and this is what Octopus puts at the heart of every customer inquiry. We’re human and this means we like to speak with our customers like humans - not treat them like another 'customer number'. It also means we don’t get everything right 100% of the time but on the rare occasion that a mistake needs fixing, you can trust our team to work fast to put it right.
Octopus Energy is the highest rated utility company in The Institute of Customer Service. The institute states that "high scores for customer satisfaction is linked to especially high levels of trust, recommendation, loyalty and reputation."
If we’re allowed to blow our own trumpet. we are the only energy company to be chosen by consumer champions Which? as a Recommended Provider for energy in 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021! 4 years in a row has never been done before. It's hard to become one - in 2017 no-one cut the mustard and so they didn't award anyone the accolade (and we were too small to take part back then).
Which? test vigorously. To be a Recommended Provider you have to:
- Be in the top group of companies as rated by our customers.
- In the past year, have had no fines or sanctions brought against them by, or have made redress payments in arrangement with, regulatory bodies such as Ofgem and the Advertising Standards Authority.
- Follow procedures and practices that they think are in the best interest of the consumer.
- They score energy companies against a set of 21 criteria that cover the main elements of the consumer journey, including: complaints processes, billing, customer service and account management.
- Be better than average for call and online waiting times based on their 2019 snapshot investigation into energy company waiting times, and for complaints based on the number they receive and how fast they resolve them (according to Ofgem data).
- Pass their final price analysis. Energy firms must have a tariff in the cheapest part of the market for low, medium and high use for the average user across Great Britain. They must also not have a variable tariff in the most expensive band.
Around two-thirds of homes are on Standard Variable Tariffs, blasted as among the poorest-value tariffs.
In April 2019, industry watchdog Ofgem reported that the average bill for these customers was £1,254 a year. By contrast, at that time, the best deal with Octopus was just £967 a year, meaning a saving of £290. And even Octopus customers on our standard variable tariff at that time would have saved £225 a year. Not to be sniffed at.
By joining Octopus, you can feel good about the fact that you’re helping us in our war to say goodbye to harmful fossil fuels. That’s because 100% of our electricity is certified renewable. That means all our electricity is produced using green, abundant sources like sun and wind.
And if you sign up for our Super Green Tariff (typically, about the price of an extra coffee each month), we guarantee to carbon-offset that gas with the help of our partner, Brighton-based charity Renewable World. That means any carbon involved in the production of your gas will be matched by a reduction in carbon emissions elsewhere.
For two years running we've been over the Moon to have received the Renewable Energy Association 'Company of the Year' award, being named “the company that contributed most to renewables”.
It’s simple. Fair pricing that is always good value. Top-notch customer service. And energy that won’t cost the Earth...
If you'd like to join a company that will always fight to save you money as well as to save the planet, get a quote now:
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window