Octopus Energy Services is looking for A Senior Supply Chain Manager within Low-Carbon Tech
A key part of tackling this challenge lies with installing products that will enable customers to consume more renewable energy from the grid and to generate their own. This means offering and installing a broad range of products that electrify heating, enable customers to charge electric vehicles, to generate their own renewable energy, store renewable energy at times of surplus and optimise this through innovative energy tariffs and controls.
In order to enable mass adoption of these products we must work hard to drive down costs, making products more affordable for our customers.
So you’ll be responsible for building the supply chain for these products and working closely with our suppliers to deliver the efficiencies and economies of scale that ultimately make them cheaper. You’ll work closely with our the wider Octopus Energy Services team who are responsible for explaining these products to our customers and installing them, which could include third parties.
Is it you we’re looking for?
We are looking for and experienced supply chain manager with awesome people and relationship skills and with a keen eye to detail. The role will be broad and varied and will evolve over time.
What you'll need
- To have experience working in a comparable role, not necessarily from within this industry
- To be highly astute commercially, understanding what it takes to deliver step change cost reductions
- To be able to run the selection process and build and maintain excellent working relationships with these suppliers
- Understand the strategic drivers of our suppliers
- Hold strong working knowledge of commercial contract principles and terms – CIPs would be advantageous
- Have excellent negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to operate with impact at different organisational levels.
- To be willing to travel in order to build relationships in person (subject to COVID restrictions)
Why else you'll love it here
- Our company culture - we won best company to work for in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment - genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation - we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme - you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture - have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks - we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events - we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents - get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important - we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- SmartPension Scheme - employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme - to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health
This role can be remote or based in any of our offices.
This is the chance to join one of the UK’s most exciting start-ups. If you this sounds exciting to you and you have a genuine passion for what we're doing then we'd love to hear from you!
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window