We are looking for a Senior Finance Business Partner to take the lead for Finance across our Energy Supply businesses in the UK and other countries (we have several UK supply businesses, recently acquired one in Germany and will enter more countries).
You will lead financial performance management, planning & analysis and bring alive insight around the actual and expected performance of energy supply businesses. You'll support / guide finance professionals in the business units, where they exist and be actively involved in acquisitions of customer books or supply business entities as opportunities arise.
What you'll do
- Forecast P&L / cash / BS, avoiding "surprises" and helping business unit management make trade-offs
- Prepare monthly KPIs
- Monitor actual performance vs plan, including diagnostic and action plan if needed (working together with the business)
- Provide guidance to business management teams (forward looking and month-end review)
- Contribute to the Group month end reporting pack
- Work with key suppliers on arrangements that affect working capital - ad hoc analysis and deal support
- Work collaboratively with other teams (Partnerships, Marketing, Data Science, Operations, Tech)
What you'll need
- Be analytical but capable of working with stakeholders across the business to understand the operational realities of the numbers
- Have experience in FP&A activities and a good grasp of accounting if not CIMA or other accounting qualification
- Be able to present complex information in simple ways
- Be ready to roll up both sleeves and get stuck into complex modelling but also talk 'big picture' with senior stakeholders and key suppliers that you interact with
- Be fast paced in approach but understand that change in organisation requires engaging with people in different ways
- Be curious and open minded
- A degree from a top university
What you'll get
- Equity Scheme (own part of the business)
- Pension Scheme - Employer 5% Employee 3% - you can opt to contribute more!
- Flexible working environment
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Fruit and decent coffee
- Weekly free Friday drinks
- Regular social events (several parties a year including a Summer festival)
- Access to Hatch - Financial advice and planning for employees
- Childcare Vouchers
- Maternity and Paternity pay
- Support to help with development as required (courses, learning, development)
If you this sounds like you and you have a genuine passion in the future of sustainability then we'd love to hear from you!
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window