Build an App for Electrification!
About Octopus Energy Group
Octopus Energy Group was launched in 2016 with a vision of using technology to make the green energy revolution affordable whilst transforming customer experiences. Its domestic energy arm already serves over 1.5 million customers with cheaper greener power, through Octopus Energy, Co-op Energy, M&S Energy, Affect Energy, London Power and Tesla Power.
Octopus Energy for Business manages over 12,000 customers with proprietary energy offerings. Octopus Electric Vehicles is helping make clean transport cheaper and easier, and Octopus Energy Services is bringing smart products to thousands of homes.
All of these are made possible by Octopus Energy Group’s technology arm, Kraken Technologies, which offers a proprietary cloud-native technology platform based on advanced data and machine learning capabilities. Kraken automates much of the energy supply chain to allow outstanding service and efficiency as the world transitions to a decentralised, decarbonised energy system. With operations in Germany and Australia, Octopus Energy Group’s mission to drive the affordable green revolution is going global.
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior application Developer to take on the challenge of creating and launching an app for Octopus Energy in the electrification space. You’ll take responsibility for building and managing the app, leading a small team of developers, and translating vision and requirements into technical reality. You’ll work with a small, high-energy project team to bring the vision to life – an exciting opportunity to work like a start-up within a rapidly scaling EnTech business.
We’re aiming to bring the product to both iOS and Android users, and so are open to ideas on the best way to achieve this – we’re currently proposing a build in React Native. The app will need to incorporate elements from native libraries and interact with multiple APIs to send & retrieve data.
This is a technically complex product that needs to be built to an exceptionally high standard – as such we’re looking for a superstar with a wide-range of skills.
What you'll have..
- Have experience leading the creation of an app through all technical aspects: develop, integrate, ship, test, manage, improve
- Have experience with product architecting: can discuss vision and features within a team and propose solutions
- Have strong technical skills: e.g. React Native, familiarity with Java or Swift, experience with integrating (and indeed building) APIs
- Have a strong portfolio of pieces you have launched
- Have experience managing other developers effectively
What you'll get..
- Equity Scheme (own part of the business)
- Pension Scheme - Employer 5% Employee 3% - you can opt to contribute more!
- Flexible working environment
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Fruit, breakfast and hot drinks
- Weekly free Friday drinks
- Regular social events (3 parties a year including a Summer festival)
- Access to Hatch - Financial advice and planning for employees
- Childcare Vouchers
- Maternity and Paternity pay
- Support to help with development (courses, learning, development)
If you are excited to be part of the Octopus journey, please apply your CV, a brief cover note and a link to your portfolio
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window