We're launching our new direct channel nationwide. We're looking for Regional Leaders across the UK
We're launching our new direct channel nationwide. We are looking to speak to talented Sales Managers and Regional Leaders across the UK.
We're looking for a leader of a totally new concept within field marketing. Here at Octopus we’re embarking on an exciting new project that extends to more than just face to face sales. We’ll be testing a brand new direct to consumer model where customer conversations could start from Digital engagements, Social engagements, Retail engagements or even on a customers front door. We’re changing the landscape of traditional field marketing and re-inventing face to face sales.
What you'll do
As a Regional Leader you’ll be exactly that, a ‘Leader’, not a manager. You’ll be leading a team of face to face ambassadors to more than just a sales performance, you’ll be the frontline of our brand and as such, you’ll be driving our culture throughout your team. Your leadership style will be one of inspiration not manipulation. You’ll be inspiring, motivating and coaching your team of around 20 ambassadors to their absolute best individual performance. There’s no need for carrots and sticks here at Octopus to remain motivated. Ultimately you’ll be the sort of manager who spends their time trying to catch your team members doing something right, not trying to catch them doing something wrong.
What you'll need
- Face to face experience within customer centric sales roles
- An understanding in either door to door or event sales
- Proven track record of managing and leading a regional face to face sales team and achieving outstanding performance
- The ability to demonstrate effective leadership to colleagues in order to influence and inspire.
- Experience within F2F recruitment, people resourcing and team development
- Demonstrate a positive proactive approach towards organisational change
- Experience of working autonomously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style to achieve maximum impact upon relevant situations and audience.
- Assertive and adaptable personal style to deliver constructive feedback on standards of performance and to the team
What you'll love about us
- Our company culture - we won best company to work for in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment - genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation - we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme - you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture - have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks - we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events - we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents - get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important - we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- SmartPension Scheme - employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme - to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health
If you this sounds like you and you have a genuine passion for what we are doing then we'd love to hear from you!
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window