We’re dedicated to driving sustainable change and believe our customers should have fair pricing and a fantastic customer experience.
At Octopus Electric Vehicles, we make it easy for individuals and businesses to make the transition to zero-carbon driving. Launched in 2018, Octopus EV brings together great offers on a handpicked range of the best electric vehicles available - from Nissan, Renault, BMW, Jaguar and Tesla - with everything needed to go with it: chargepoint installations for home and businesses, energy tariffs designed for EV drivers, and a free VIP support service from vehicle selection to each electric journey. We also run events with businesses and communities to enable drivers and decision makers to get behind the wheel for themselves, and think through how electric driving could work for them.
Electric Vehicles: Electric cars are coming faster than most people can imagine. According to Stanford University, by 2025 there’ll be no new petrol or diesel cars in production. Just like the iPhone revolutionised phones, Tesla is revolutionising cars and it’s not just Tesla – BMW, Nissan, Renault, Volkswagen, Jaguar and Hyundai all have great electric vehicles.
Our group includes Octopus Electric Vehicles, Octopus Energy, M&S Energy, Affect Energy, Octopus Energy Business Solutions and Octopus Energy Services.
Electric vehicles are coming faster than most people imagine. At Octopus we say: bring it on! In the same way the Apple revolutionized phones, electric vehicles will revolutionize the way we manage our energy network. Powerloop is one of the first large-scale domestic trials of V2G technology in the world.
There’s a huge amount of energy locked up in electric vehicles. Did you know just ten Nissan LEAFs could power 1,000 homes for an hour? That’s where V2G comes in. Currently, to meet peak demand on our energy network we’re reliant on fast-response fossil fuels. There’s still not a perfect way to store renewable energy, and this peak spike will only increase as more electric vehicles hit our streets.
So what if we didn’t need those dirty fossil fuels? What if we could react to that spike with renewable energy instead? What if electric vehicles weren’t the problem; but the solution.
What You'll Do
- Manage a £7m government-backed project into V2G technology.
- Foster excellent relationships with a diverse group of consortium partners, including; ChargePoint Services, Energy Saving Trust, Open Energi, Navigant, and UK Power Networks.
- Manage our relationship with auditors and Innovate UK.
- Help design and implement new operational processes for Octopus Electric Vehicles.
- Communicate clearly with customers about how the project works, and manage their journey towards the installation and operation of their V2G unit.
- Report ongoing progress and risks to key stakeholders.
- Coordinate and run steering committee meetings with key representatives of the consortium and Innovate.
- Manage and resolve issues on behalf of consortium partners.
- Get involved in all aspects of the project: hardware, software, process, and proposition.
What You'll Need
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- Bucket-loads of initiative and for problem solving.
- A willingness to jump right into the deep-end.
- The determination and grit to see things through from start to finish.
- Experience managing relationships with a diverse range of external partners.
- A decent background in the UK energy market.
- Ideally have experience in large-scale project management with multiple stakeholders.
- Familiarity with project management theory (or a passion to learn it!)
What You'll Get
- The opportunity to work on a cutting edge technology project.
- Exposure to key figures throughout the UK energy industry.
- On the job mentoring from experienced project managers.
- Pension Scheme - Employer 5% Employee 3% - you can opt to contribute more!
- Flexible working environment
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Fruit, breakfast and hot drinks
- Weekly free Friday drinks
- Regular social events (3 parties a year including a Summer festival)
- Access to Hatch - Financial advice and planning for employees
- Childcare Vouchers
- Maternity and Paternity pay
- Support to help with development (courses, learning, development)
This is the chance to join one of the UK’s most exciting start-ups – making it easy for individuals and businesses to get electric cars, electric fleet and other electric vehicles. If you this sounds exciting to you and you and you have a genuine passion in the future of sustainability then we'd love to hear from you!
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window