The energy industry is undergoing the largest transformation since industrialisation at an unprecedented rate of change and we are positioning ourselves to be at the heart of that change.
Our aim is to be the leading global provider of solutions that enable customers to release £30bn of value per annum from distributed energy resources (DERs). We are building a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription business with a global addressable market of £2.4 billion per annum, by digitally connecting hundreds of thousands of DERs with energy markets.
We have already attained a market leading position and Upside is a recognised thought leader and innovator in the industry. Our efforts have not gone unnoticed and we are pleased to announce that we now have the full support and backing of Octopus Energy, an award-winning UK energy supplier who share our passion and values.
As we enter a stage of rapid commercialisation and growth, we’re looking for an established Programme Delivery Manager to take ownership of the customer on-boarding & engagement side of our product organisation; and to help us to mature our delivery culture, processes & practices.
Working alongside the Director of Integrations, the Programme Delivery Manager will be accountable for ensuring our portfolio of customer on-boarding projects runs smoothly and delivers to plan; will coordinate between multiple external parties; and ensure stakeholders are kept up to date with progress, with risks & issues clearly communicated.
The Programme Delivery Manager will also be responsible for our growing product support team and will deliver customer excellence through implementing best practice modern customer support processes built upon our existing agile & lean practices.
What you'll do
- Plan, monitor and proactively manage the portfolio of customer on-boarding projects, implementing best practice and best in class toolsets.
- Manage the customer support and engagement activities, ensuring customer issues and queries are resolved within SLA and to the customers satisfaction
- Line manage a team of project managers; customer operations and technical account managers who are the first port of call for our customers during the on-boarding and support processes
- Alongside the Director of Integrations oversee pre-sales activities from a delivery perspective, ensuring customer commitments are deliverable
- Provide Lean and Agile coaching both within the delivery teams and throughout the Company
- You will provide a healthy balance between delivery and sustainability, developing a healthy delivery culture which will increase employee engagement
- You will continuously find ways to make work and results more visible.
- You will help to remove blockers and impediments to delivery.
- You will help the teams (and the wider organisation) answer delivery questions using actionable data.
- You will develop highly effective team dynamics.
What you'll have
- Acted as line manager for software product teams of 15 or more.
- Experience of Agile delivery at scale, across the product lifecycle into production operations
- A demonstrable range of experiences in Lean and Agile organisations and a deep knowledge of applying both Scrum and Kanban, while also being able to talk confidently about the importance of the XP technical practices, Lean Startup, Lean UX and DevOps cultures.
- Established and executed programs of work, managing budgets over £1m/year.
- Significant experience in prioritising operational and development backlogs.
- A track record of being a master facilitator with extensive experience of developing teams and navigating conflict.
- Significant experience dealing with corporate customers, setting and managing expectations and effectively dealing with issues.
- Proven ability to drive delivery across a balanced delivery portfolio and a will to bring delivery to life for stakeholders.
- Extensive stakeholder engagement skills and experience.
- Excellent communication skills showing the ability to summarise complex problems and recommend concise plans of action.
- Able to demonstrate significant aptitude for line management: target setting, performance reviews & professional development.
- Effective risk management and negotiation skills - able to balance competing demands for resource to ensure best overall outcome.
- Strong at developing less experienced members of the team - both skills, but just as importantly behaviours.
- Eye for detail, with a very clear and organised approach to delivery.
- Experience consulting or coaching in a professional services environment; working internationally; or in the energy sector would be an advantage
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window