This role is one of Octopus Energy’s newest projects to further engage our customers with the energy transition.
We are looking for a rock star Product Manager to join our London team to lead the development of one of Octopus Energy’s newest projects to further engage our customers with the energy transition.
We will be building a completely new customer engagement app which will be a critical element of our future growth plans. The role will be crucial in defining and bringing to market this product while working hand in hand with various teams across the company to deliver it in record time.
You will also be responsible for building the team to support this initiative.
What you'll do
- You will own the product definition, roadmap, and delivery for Octopus Energy’s newest mobile app
- You will work with a wildly talented, diverse and passionate team to deliver your product to market in record time
- Need to build use cases, business process flow charts and conduct ongoing user acceptance testing, product quality sign-off, and product documentation
- Work with engineering team to deliver a scalable architecture that not just meets current needs, but considers future growth scenarios
- You will use analytics data and first-hand research to understand user behaviours and inform product and design improvements
What you'll need
- An in-depth knowledge of software product management, UX & UI, cross-functional requirement gathering and prioritisation
- An ability to respond to complicated briefs from stakeholders, make decisions and communicate an appropriate response/strategy
- An agile mindset; you can both nurture a cohesive product vision and optimise the smallest detailAn ability to pick up work in a fast paced environment with a willingness to learn
- Previous experience in software product management (mobile preferred) from inceptions through to market launch and ongoing iteration
- Entrepreneurial instincts with clear bias for informed action and track record of leading new initiatives with limited resources and support
- An ability to relate to individuals and nurture other team membersAn interest in sustainability, green energy and zero emissions transport
What you'll get
- Our company culture - we won best company to work for in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment - genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation - we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme - you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture - have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks - we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events - we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents - get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important - we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- Smart Pension Scheme - employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme - to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health
- Access to Electric Vehicles - get an electric vehicle through our salary sacrifice scheme
If you this sounds like you and you have a genuine passion for what we are doing then we'd love to hear from you!
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window