We’re looking to expand our team and we have a great opportunity for a Sales Induction Trainer
Our company is growing, and fast. Our sales channels are an important part of that growth, via telesales and field sales. We have hard working agents throughout the country who we want to support and develop.
You will be required to spread the word on all things Octopus, to all our new recruits, up and down the country. You will share your enthusiasm, facilitate learning and create an army of brand ambassadors, who love Octopus energy as much as we do. They, in turn, can spread the word to our wonderful customers, discussing their energy needs and selling the benefits of becoming an Octopus energy customer.
Working and liaising with our channel managers, you will be facilitating the learning of all new starters for field and telesales across the country; from Scotland to the South. An effective sales team doesn’t compromise on quality and compliance, and you will ensure our agents receive the most up to date information, the best service and ensure our agents are delivering high standards to our customers and potential customers.
We’re a leading energy technology company with a digital-first approach. Launched by e-commerce entrepreneurs, we bring a fresh approach to energy, making it green and flexible with fair and transparent pricing and putting the customer at the heart of our business.
We are shaking up the energy industry, redefining what is possible with a home developed platform, cloud-based billing, and sophisticated use of data science, modelling and AI.
Our breakthrough Agile tariff, built with proprietary tech and recently integrated with IFTTT, has been widely reported as leading the way in energy innovation, moving the UK to a decentralised smart grid and reducing the £billions needed to update aging energy networks.
We’re passionate about fairness - we were the first to uncover the widespread strategy of energy company tease and squeeze pricing and following on from this campaign, our CEO and Founder Greg Jackson presented evidence in favour of capping energy tariff prices before the bill committee in Parliament - the start of a process that ended in the new Domestic Gas and Electricity (Tariff Cap) Act 2018.
We also already supply 100% renewable energy to over 500,000 homes and 5,000 businesses (including Arsenal Emirates) across Britain and we’re the supplier behind M&S Energy. We’re award winning for both our tech and our customer service, and the only Which? recommended energy supplier for 2018, and proudly enjoy a 5-star TrustPilot ranking from our customers.
How you would contribute:
- You will report into our Learning and Development Manager to ensure we provide training support for our business partners across all channels.
- You will have exceptional facilitation skills, and be able to build relationships, manage and motivate new starts and existing agents.
- When not facilitating learning, you will be visiting our partners and conducting ongoing field assessments and ad hoc training.
- You will work with our L&D Manager to identify any areas of improvement or potential ad hoc training sessions.
- You will be instrumental in driving a culture of honest, ethical and customer focused sales people
- You will help maintain our sales LMS system and regularly update our suite of blended learning solutions.
- Regularly assessing learning needs and subsequently collaborate, deliver and evaluate training solutions for our partners. This role requires you to be extremely confident in your delivery and adaptable at all times in a role that is fast-moving.
We’d love to meet someone who:
- Has a CIPD Accreditation or similar professional qualification
- Has experience of LNA’s, liaising with stakeholders, delivering training solutions that make an impact and create confidence
- Has experience within blended learning and creating experiential learning environments
- Has excellent IT skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google suite
- Can Maintain digital learning platforms and updating online suite of training modules as well as self-learning training tools and briefs to agents
- Has a comprehensive knowledge of the training cycle and an understanding of the latest training techniques and theories
- Has an ongoing thirst for knowledge so that key legislative changes are updated in all material
- Has a knowledge of different learning styles and creating solutions to suit all learners
- Is extremely flexible and the ability to travel with regular overnight stays is essential
- Ideally has experience within the energy industry would be preferable but not essential
If this sounds like you and you want to be a part of the most forward thinking business in the Energy industry, then apply now!
Hey! Just so you know, your device is fully charged and you're still charging it. Removing the charger will avoid degrading your battery 😊×Close window