We're looking for a Payroll Administrator to work closely with our Finance team. You will have the opportunity to own and streamline the payroll process and be our in-house expert on all matters pay and reward.
What you'll do
- You will own the HR database, checking that data is being entered appropriately (e.g. leavers are being processed; job changes are being captured)
- You will build and operate simple process for capturing changes to pay (leavers, extraordinary payments, new joiners, commissions where payable etc), working closely with department heads to check information and obtain their approval prior to loading into payroll.
- You will execute pay rise policy (inflation link on work anniversary)
- You will prepare monthly payroll file for outsource payroll provider to execute
- You will handle queries about pay and pension
- You will be the relationship manager for Smart Pension, taking responsibility for any changes and ensuring team members wishing to opt-out of pension contributions sign appropriate waivers etc
- You will run people-related MI on a monthly basis as part of month end information pack, month end analysis of net pay movement as well as preparing ad-hoc analyses as required from time to time
- You will work with our HR providers to stay abreast of changes to legislation that can affect our pay and reward offer and advise accordingly
What you'll need
- Proven payroll knowledge
- Knowledge of UK manual tax and national insurance calculations
- A confident user of Excel, Word, HMRC online PAYE services
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written, and the ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Invested in promoting a customer care/service-based approach and operate with discretion
- The ability to be pro-active, flexible, and adaptable while problem solving when required
What you'll get
- Equity Scheme (own part of the business)
- Pension Scheme - Employer 5% Employee 3% - you can opt to contribute more!
- Flexible working environment
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Fruit, breakfast and hot drinks
- Weekly free Friday drinks
- Regular social events (3 parties a year including a Summer festival)
- Access to Hatch - Financial advice and planning for employees
- Childcare Vouchers
- Maternity and Paternity pay
- Support to help with development (courses, learning, development)
If you this sounds like you and you have a genuine passion in the future of sustainability then we'd love to hear from you!
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window