We believe energy should be better - for you and the environment.
We’re a leading energy technology company providing a better experience for our customers through transparency, honesty and simplicity. Better for the planet, through real long-term investment in renewable generation and a low CO2 future. Better value, by throwing away the old business models of the “Big 6” and instead building a business that’s fit for the 21st century. We make energy green and flexible for consumers, with fair and transparent pricing. Through our home developed platform, cloud-based billing, and sophisticated use of data science, modelling and AI, we’re redefining what is possible in energy.
Our breakthrough Agile tariff has been widely reported as leading the way in energy innovation, and we’re passionate about fairness – we were first to uncover the widespread strategy of energy company tease and squeeze pricing and following on from this campaign, our CEO and Founder Greg Jackson presented evidence in favour of capping energy tariff prices before the bill committee in Parliament.
We already supply 100% renewable energy to over 1.5 million homes and over 12,000 businesses (including Arsenal FC and the Cardiff Blues to help them power their stadiums with 100% renewable energy) throughout Great Britain and we’re also the supplier behind M&S Energy. We’re award winning for our disruptive technology and are delighted to be the only energy supplier to pass the rigorous Which? customer service tests and be their only recommended energy supplier for 3 years in a row.
We also proudly enjoy a 5-star TrustPilot ranking from our customers. We were named the Company that’s done the most in the past year to advance UK renewables at the REA Awards 2019, and most recently, our proudest award, that of Best Company to Work For. Our group includes Octopus Energy, Kraken Technology, Octopus Electric Vehicles and Octopus Energy Services.
We recently secured over £300 million of investment from Origin, Australia's largest Energy Company, to help us continue our mission. This will help power our growth into new markets, build more tech to make energy greener, and increase our investment in service and growth in our existing markets (the UK and Germany). You can read more about the impact of this investment here.
We have huge ambitions for our sales operations and need the tech to match these ambitions. We have hundreds of sales agents and we want to give them a super smart app that will be used to engage new customers. The app will need a simple and slick interface, giving customers and advisors an experience that is worthy of our brand. For managers, the app should provide a robust back-end with territory management, complaint handling and compliance modules, and real-time reporting - all connected to our market-leading Kraken platform.
The app will include the following features, among many others: Live geo mapping of agents, route mapping using Kraken and geo data, route history by agent, sales CRM (e.g. doors to knock, knocked and call backs), reporting at both agent and team levels, interact with Kraken customer database (e.g. customer complaints/smart meter installs/occupiers/do not call/etc), exceptions reporting (e.g. track invalid emails/duplicate bank detail/sequential numbers/etc).
What you'll do
- Partner with the sales team to understand their needs and challenges
- Devise technical solutions to address these needs
- Develop these solutions
- Test the solutions with the sales team
- Work closely with Tech to integrate these development into Kraken and the broader OE tech framework
What you'll have
- Objective-C - necessary to support the current app
- Have experience in the creation of an app through all technical aspects: develop, integrate, ship, test, manage, improve.
- Are keen to make use of new technologies like SwiftUI and GraphQL
- Proficient with Swift and have experimented with other programming languages
- Knowledge of reactive libraries, offline storage, API integration, and testing.
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Some knowledge of Kotlin and/or Android Development is a plus
- Any knowledge of Python is helpful but not essential
What you'll love about us
- Our company culture - we won best company to work for in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment - genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation - we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme - you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture - have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks - we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events - we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents - get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important - we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- SmartPension Scheme - employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme - to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window