Octopus Energy Services is looking for a Head of Operations within Product Support & Sales
As market disruptors, Octopus Energy are uniquely positioned to tackle climate change by driving the green energy revolution. To do this we will use the might of our tech capabilities, our innovation, our agility and our ability to deliver outrageously good customer experiences.
A key part of tackling this challenge lies with installing products that will enable customers to consume more renewable energy from the grid and to generate their own. This means offering and installing a broad range of products that electrify heating, enable customers to charge electric vehicles, to generate their own renewable energy, store renewable energy at times of surplus and optimise this through innovative energy tariffs and controls.
Octopus Energy customers are engaged and passionate about finding these solutions, and we have a responsibility to help guide them through the best options, what these cost and to provide the installations services for them – whilst delivering the outrageously good levels of customer experience we are renowned for.
Working closely with our Product & Marketing team you will build a team of product experts to guide our customers through these choices. This will include team members who will interact with customers in their homes, carrying out suitability surveys and gathering the relevant information for us to be able to recommend solutions to customers and provide prices for these. Then once our customers have made a decision this person will work closely with our installations team who will install these products.
Is it you we’re looking for?
So this is partly about sales but we aren’t really looking for a salesperson. We are looking for somebody passionate about future tech. You’ll be the product expert for the technologies we offer and your team will be experts in explaining these to our customers. You’ll be used to building customer-facing teams, preferably with experience building teams who engage with customers through a range of channels including in their homes.
You’ll be somebody who thrives in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. This means you’ll be a self-starter, able to roll your sleeves up and not expect to be handed the user manual for this role when you start. Instead you will be given the freedom to build this service from the ground up with the guidance and support of our incredibly talented teams where needed.
What you'll need
- To be adept at delivering outrageously good customer experiences
- Have experience building teams from the ground up
- Have an entrepreneurial flair, the ability to think laterally, disruptively and inspire others to do the same
- Be passionate about future tech and the impact this has on driving the green energy revolution. And be able use this passion to inspire others
- To be a self-starter and not afraid to roll sleeves up and get stuck in
- To be able to work with colleagues from across the business, playing a key part in shaping the customer proposition
- To be willing to travel in order to build relationships in person (subject to COVID restrictions)
- Experience managing and motivating customer-facing teams. Although remember that this is not about hitting sales targets but is about using expertise to guide customers to the best solutions for them
Why else you'll love it here
- Our company culture - we won best company to work for in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment - genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation - we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme - you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture - have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks - we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events - we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents - get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important - we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- SmartPension Scheme - employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme - to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health
This role can be remote or based in any of our offices.
This is the chance to join one of the UK’s most exciting start-ups. If you this sounds exciting to you and you have a genuine passion for what we're doing then we'd love to hear from you!
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window