Octopus Energy Services is looking for a Head of Operations within Electrification of Heating.
Domestic heating accounts for roughly one third of the UK’s household carbon emissions so is a key area of focus for achieving net zero. As market disruptors, Octopus Energy are uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge and will deploy the might of our tech capabilities, our innovation and our ability to deliver outrageously good customer experiences to solve this challenge.
Alternatives to gas powered domestic heating need to be rolled out to the masses as part of the drive to achieve net zero. Some excellent solutions already exist, but are not easily accessible for the masses, and loads of innovation is needed to tackle this challenge at scale.
Octopus Energy Services is an integral part of the Octopus Energy family and is responsible for delivering products and services in domestic and commercial premises. We install a range of products for our customers, delivering the unrivalled levels of customer experience that Octopus Energy customers know and love.
This role is central to broadening the range of products and services we offer, all of which contribute towards helping the transition to renewable energy.
The scope of this role covers all operational activities relating to installing and maintaining low carbon heating technologies, building the internal workforce and managing our third party partners.
Is it you we’re looking for?
We are looking for an established field services leader with particular experience with overseeing the installation of low carbon heating technologies, such as heat pumps and hybrid heating systems. This person will be experienced in managing directly employed engineers as well as third party installers and suppliers. They will also be experienced in working with teams across the business responsible for creating the customer proposition and taking this to market.
What you'll need
- To be adept at delivering outrageously good customer experiences
- Experience building teams from the ground up
- An entrepreneurial flair, the ability to think laterally, disruptively and inspire others to do the same
- To be technically experienced with new and existing heating system technologies – knowing how these technologies work and the installation processes for them. If not a qualified installer then certainly somebody used to overseeing people who are
- To be a self-starter and not afraid to roll sleeves up and get stuck in
- To be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with service providers and directly employed engineering teams
- To be able to work with colleagues from across the business, playing a key part in shaping the customer proposition
- To be willing to travel in order to build relationships in person (subject to COVID restrictions)
Why else you'll love it here
- Our company culture - we won best company to work for in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment - genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation - we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme - you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture - have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks - we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events - we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents - get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important - we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- SmartPension Scheme - employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme - to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health
This role can be remote or based in any of our offices.
This is the chance to join one of the UK’s most exciting start-ups. If you this sounds exciting to you and you have a genuine passion for what we're doing then we'd love to hear from you!
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window