We want a Front-end Developer to help make beautiful things for all devices, screen sizes, and users.
Energy is changing.
For years, it was an industry dominated by large suppliers using outdated systems that put profits first and customers last. Now, we’re using the latest technology and green generation to transform energy for customers, bringing the UK cheaper, greener, and fairer energy.
We enjoy the best of both worlds: backing from a £6bn business of highly experienced and talented individuals, and the dynamic environment of a start-up.
We are the only Which? recommended energy supplier for 2018, the uSwitch supplier of the year, Energy Awards supplier of the year, and UK customer experience award winner for utilities.
You’ll be working for a company that’s fighting climate change. We’re the largest investor in solar generation in the UK, and are funding wind and anaerobic digestion. We’re helping people to use greener technology and renewable energy, all helping move the UK towards a lower carbon future.
And for big change, we need big minds.
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about code, curious, and eager to learn. You’ll be working alongside other talented people in the tech department. You’ll solve problems with technology to make us, and the industry, smarter and better for customers.
• Can write solid, semantic HTML and have experience writing SASS
• Have experience in crafting mobile-first responsive sites for a range of devices
• Know how to develop websites that meet AAA accessibility guidelines.
• Can create code that works consistently across different browsers and platforms
• Can take Photoshop/Sketch designs and bring them to life in code
• Experience with the Django templating language a plus
• React & Redux
• Jest & Enzyme
• jQuery & vanilla JS
• Django/Python (server side and templating)
• Located in Soho, central London
• Equity in the business
• Funds to help with your development
• Work with a passionate, talented team intent of changing energy for the better
• Entrepreneurial working environment
• Help planning for your future
• Free drinks every Friday
We’re looking for someone who thrives on solving tough problems. Someone who can challenge those around them, and be challenged, while delivering delightful experiences for our internal and external customers.
To apply, send us your CV, a quick letter saying why you think you’d be good for the role, and any past work you’d like to show off.
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window