We're seeking a Financial Controller for Evolve Energy in the USA!
What you'll do
- Electricity accounting - manage the accounting process for multiple entities and cross-border transactions. Manage the mark-to-market requirements of hedge products.
- Financial reporting - deliver on-time and high-quality GAAP financial statement preparation and other disclosures.
- Taxes - manage the preparation of compliant and timely reporting/filing of all applicable local, state, and federal tax obligations.
- Internal controls - coordinate internal controls & procedures with the Company’s external control auditors.
- Accounting policy – guide the organization through technical accounting issues as required, understand and implement new accounting requirements as needed.
What you'll need
- 10+ years of electricity or commodity industry
- Hands on experience with accounting matters (e.g. revenue and JIB)
- A track record of simplification and standardization
- An understanding of accounting excellence and how accounting adds value
- Successful at training and coaching team members and leading change
- Previous experience coordinating across corporate functions, especially land
- Maintaining an honest and ethical tone-from-the-top
- Desire to advance cheaper and greener electricity
Nice to have
- GAAP to IFRS translation experience
- History of working with decentralized organizations
- Understanding of accounting requirements for software businesses
- Transfer tax and inter company loan experience
If you this sounds like you and you have a genuine passion for what we are doing then we'd love to hear from you!
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window