The energy industry is undergoing the largest transformation since industrialisation at an unprecedented rate of change and we are positioning ourselves to be at the heart of that change.
Our aim is to be the leading global provider of solutions that enable customers to release £30bn of value per annum from distributed energy resources (DERs). We are building a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription business with a global addressable market of £2.4 billion per annum, by digitally connecting hundreds of thousands of DERs with energy markets.
We have already attained a market leading position and Upside is a recognised thought leader and innovator in the industry. Our efforts have not gone unnoticed and we are pleased to announce that we now have the full support and backing of Octopus Energy, an award-winning UK energy supplier who share our passion and values.
As we enter the stage of rapid commercialisation and platform growth we are now looking for an exceptional person to provide a wide range of services to new and existing clients and work closely with them on both long-term strategy as well as playing an active role in implementing Energy Infrastructure projects.
You will work closing with the projects teams helping perform a technical analysis on both new assets (such as grid scale batteries and large energy assets) and retrofit opportunities (such as large heating systems, heat pumps). This role also involves working closely with energy suppliers to help them set their technical strategy.
This is an exciting and challenging position for the right candidate. We are looking for someone with a strong Electrical Engineering background. You will likely have a background as an engineer to a senior level or have been involved in technical pre-sales. This wide-ranging role combines technical and commercial skills covering all aspects of Renewable Energy infrastructure
What you'll do
- Meeting stakeholders both technical and non technical and providing them with guidance on how Upside works
- Building a technical proposal for how Upside will connect to the energy storage assets
- Consulting with the data science/commercial team on the flexibility potential of each opportunity
- Visiting industrial commercial sites to better understand the technical requirements
- Working with the presales team to help shape the pre-sales roadmapTechnical presentations to various stakeholders
What you'll have
- Strong electrical engineering/technical background
- Able to read technical documents, SLDs
- Understanding of electrical systems and computer networks
- People/presentation skills
- Written skills, report writing
- Self motivated
- Understanding of the energy market
It would be great if you had
- Knowledge of energy trading
- Knowledge of ancillary services
- Knowledge of energy storage and renewable asset generation
What you'll love about us
- Our company culture - we won best company to work for in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment - genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation - we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme - you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture - have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks - we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events - we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents - get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important - we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- SmartPension Scheme - employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme - to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window