We are looking for a creative problem-solver to create frictionless, unified experiences through human-centred design specially for our EV Team.
In this role, you will touch every stage of the customer journey and be involved in all parts of the design process from brief to creation. You will be our first Designer within our Marketing Team and as part of our founding team. You will help grow and develop the Octopus Electric Vehicle brand across sectors including Electric Vehicles, Electric Vehicles charging and Events. We’re looking for someone with a strong bias-to-action, who's passionate about designing simple, elegant user experiences, and using human-centred design as a source of inspiration to solve complex problems for our customers.
What you'll do
- You will work with a wildly talented and passionate team on one of the planets biggest problems and empowering people to transition to a cleaner, fairer world for future generations
- You will support with marketing, events and print design needs
- You will assist our team in making our event strategy go digital
- You will focus on a range of large-scale and complex design and marketing challenges.
- You will design digital, service, and systems experiences and communications; think beyond screen UI
- You will find customer insights to spot opportunities for innovation
What you'll need
- To be a confident and flexible designer. Your sweet spot is the intersection of design, technology, and social impact.
- To be a systems thinker; you can visualise complex systems, user interaction flows, compelling communications, and beautiful user interfaces.
- To be agile; you can both nurture a cohesive product vision and finesse visual designs at a vector or pixel level.
- To get what it takes to build something – regardless of the means. Whether that's overseeing a partner or working with our in-house team, you’re comfortable vetting and aligning partners, shepherding stakeholders on the journey of bringing products and features to market, or just rolling up your sleeves and doing the job yourself.
- To be able to relate to individuals and nurture other team members. You give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Have a degree in Interaction Design, UX/UI, Graphic Design, HCI, New Media, or equivalent work experience.
- Have extensive experience with a variety of graphic design and interactive tools such as Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop, Sketch, InVision, and After Effects.
- HTML/JS/CSS are nice to have but, this isn’t essential
What you'll get
- Pension Scheme - Employer 5% Employee 3% - you can opt to contribute more!
- Flexible working environment
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Fruit, breakfast and hot drinks
- Weekly free Friday drinks
- Regular social events (3 parties a year including a Summer festival)
- Access to Hatch - Financial advice and planning for employees
- Childcare Vouchers
- Maternity and Paternity pay
- Support to help with development (courses, learning, development)
This is the chance to join one of the UK’s most exciting start-ups – making it easy for individuals and businesses to get electric cars, electric fleet and other electric vehicles. If you this sounds exciting to you and you and you have a genuine passion in the future of sustainability then we'd love to hear from you!
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window