We are looking for a creative problem-solver to create frictionless, unified experiences through human-centred design.
In a nutshell
In this role, you will touch every stage of the customer journey and be involved in all parts of the design process.
Working with our Creative Director and Director of Product and Marketing, you will help grow and develop the Octopus brand across our sectors.
We are looking for a creative problem-solver to create frictionless, unified experiences through human-centred design. In this role, you will touch every stage of the customer journey and be involved in all parts of the design process. Working with the Design Team, you will help grow and develop the Octopus brand across sectors including renewable energy, electric vehicles, and the smart home.We’re looking for someone with a strong bias-to-action, who's passionate about designing simple, elegant user experiences, and using human-centred design as a source of inspiration to solve complex problems on behalf of our current customers.
What you'll do
- You will work with a wildly talented, diverse and passionate team. Focusing on a range of large-scale and complex design challenges
- You will work across designing for print collateral and the occasional digital projects
- You will support events with appropriate design and marketing collateral.
- You will work across adobe suite programs like Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- You will use analytics data to create appropriate marketing response work through print and digital campaigns
- You will think beyond creating print materials and capture the bigger picture
What you'll have
- An ability to pick up work in a fast paced environment with a willingness to learn
- Knowledge of editorial design, working with copy, events marketing collateral, and branding.
- An in depth knowledge of print design and production.
- An interest in sustainability, green energy and zero emissions transport.
- An ability to respond to complicated briefs from stakeholders, make decisions and communicate an appropriate response/strategy.
- Editorial design experience is a bonus (being able to work with large amounts of texts and brochures)
- Previous experience across print and digital design
- Knowledge of UX/UI
- The ability to be a confident and flexible designer. Your sweet spot is the intersection of design and social impact.
- An agile mindset; you can both nurture a cohesive product vision and finesse visual designs at a vector or pixel level.
- An ability to relate to individuals and nurture other team members.
- A degree in Graphic Design, Creative marketing/advertising, or Visual communication, or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience with a variety of graphic design and interactive tools such as Illustrator, Indesign, and Photoshop (Knowledge of other adobe suite is a plus)
What you'll get
- Equity Option Scheme (own part of the business)
- Pension Scheme - Employer 5% Employee 3% - you can opt to contribute more!
- Flexible working environment
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Fruit, breakfast and hot drinks
- Weekly free Friday drinks
- Regular social events (3 parties a year including a Summer festival)
- Access to Hatch - Financial advice and planning for employees
- Childcare Vouchers
- Maternity and Paternity pay
- Support to help with development (courses, learning, development)
If you this sounds like you and you have a genuine passion in the future of sustainability then we'd love to hear from you!
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window