We are looking for a Lead Designer to create frictionless, unified experiences through human-centred design.
In a nut-shell
In this role, you will touch every stage of the customer journey and be involved in all parts of the design process.
Working with our Creative Director and Director of Product and Marketing, you will help grow and develop the Octopus brand across sectors including renewable energy, electric vehicles, and the smart home.
We’re looking for someone with a strong bias-to-action, who's passionate about designing simple, elegant user experiences, and using human-centred design as a source of inspiration to solve complex problems on behalf of our current customers (and future generations).
Once here you will:
- You’ll work with a wildly talented and passionate team on one of the planet's biggest problems.
- Focus on a range of large-scale and complex challenges. Key activities include design leadership, MVP design, brand development, prototyping, and coaching.
- You’ll design digital, service, and systems experiences and communications; think beyond screen UI.
- You’ll find customer insights to spot opportunities for innovation.
- You'll break down opportunities into small bets that can be tested quickly.
- You’re a confident and flexible designer. Your sweet spot is the intersection of design, technology, and social impact.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity; and enjoy being slightly out of your depth.
- You’re a systems thinker; you can visualise complex systems, user interaction flows, compelling communications, and beautiful user interfaces.
- You’re agile; you can both nurture a cohesive product vision and finesse visual designs at a vector or pixel level.
- You get what it takes to build something – regardless of the means. Whether that's overseeing a partner or working with our in-house team, you’re comfortable vetting and aligning partners, shepherding stakeholders on the journey of bringing products and features to market, or just rolling up your sleeves and doing the job yourself.
- You can relate to individuals and nurture other team members. You give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- You have at least 4 years design experience across a variety of digital media.
- Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, HCI, New Media, or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience with a variety of graphic design and interactive tools such as Illustrator, Sketch, HTML/JS/CSS, InVision, and After Effects.
To apply, send us your CV, portfolio, and let us know why Octopus is the right place for you.
Hey! Just so you know, your device is fully charged and you're still charging it. Removing the charger will avoid degrading your battery 😊×Close window