Welcome to the future of energy.
We believe in transparency, control, and automation.
For a monthly subscription, Evolve delivers electricity at the wholesale prices. By accessing the industrial/wholesale rate, our customers save 20% on their energy costs. Want to save even more? Our AI platform enables you to amplify your savings, for a total savings up to 40% off your electricity bill.
Our platform will make sure you're A/C isn't working over-time during the periods of expensive power prices. Many times in the year, power prices are nearly free. During those times we'll make sure your water heater, electric vehicle, and battery storage systems are soaking up the juice to get ready for the day! All with the convenience of AI algorithms and an easy-to-use app so the savings happens without your day-to-day monitoring!
Evolve your energy usage.
Our company is a fast-growing, disruptive technology startup transforming the customer experience of buying retail electricity, opening new markets for competitive renewable generation, and decarbonizing the energy stack. Our data platform constitutes the backbone of our product offerings, capturing extensive customer and market data and serving up data-driven insights for our customers’ experience, as well as our analysts, customer support, and marketing teams.
We are seeking an experienced Engineering Lead to lead multiple software development teams. These teams are responsible for integrating the manifold data services and streams into our data backend. The Engineering Lead’s chief responsibility would be to guide the delivery of data integration solutions on an aggressive schedule. This Engineering Lead would also be responsible for architecting enhancements to our product capabilities and sustaining capacity growth over time.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for coordinating work across multiple teams, both onshore and offshore; understanding electricity markets and digesting requirements for new product developments; and participating in planning and design discussions. The Engineering Lead should also be prepared to participate in the hiring process and lead and coach more junior engineers toward achieving team goals and fostering their careers. This role offers an opportunity to build and lead a best-in-class team and division from the ground up.
Our firm runs in the cloud, so a candidate with experience in delivering cloud-based solutions is a requirement. We also seek someone who understands the value of efficient DevOps practices, including CI/CD and a sense of discipline around testing.
What you'll do
- Managing and leading a team of software engineers
- Drive technical decisions to develop and manage the data engineering roadmap
- Build and maintain scalable solutions following state-of-the-industry best practices
- Build relationships across the organization to coordinate engineering priorities
What you'll have
- Expert development experience (Python, Node.js, C#, Java, Rust, Go, Erlang, or other modern language)
- Detailed cloud based development experience
- Experience building solutions using Celery, RabbitMQ, SQS, or other messaging technologies
- Experience with web services integration (REST and SOAP)
- Experience implementing automated testing throughout the SDLC
- Demonstrated understanding of multiple flavors of database technologies, both RDBMS and others, knowledge of when to use which, and hands-on experience with multiple different types of databases
- Experience putting agile processes into practice
- Previous team lead experience
It would be great if you had
- Python expertise
- Demonstrated use of data engineering toolset, including pandas, scipy, numpy
- Experience deploying full greenfield project on to AWS
Location: While we are remote-first through COVID, San Francisco or Houston is preferred
Evolve Energy is part of the Octopus Energy Group, which also includes Octopus Energy, Kraken Technologies, Octopus Energy for Business and Octopus Electric Vehicles.
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window