We’re looking for a smart, motivated data analyst to join our Soho office and work on the many data challenges we face as a business
Octopus Energy is a tech-focussed energy supplier that’s changing the way people consume and buy energy. Over the last three years our talented team has built a technology platform from which we serve over half a million customers with market leading customer service; our brands occupy three of the top four energy supplier positions on Trustpilot and we are the only energy supplier to have ever been recommended by Which? two years in a row.
The UK energy market is going through unprecedented change with rapid development of renewable energy technologies, the introduction of battery storage, demand side response initiatives and a growing range of in-home energy management technology, as well as the roll-out of Smart meters into consumer’s homes. We’re at the forefront of this change with innovative products like the UK’s first dynamic time of use tariff, the Agile Octopus and our Vehicle to Grid project Powerloop.
About the Role
We’re looking for a smart, motivated data analyst to join our Soho office. You’ll be part of a sector leading team of data scientists, engineers and analysts responsible for building and maintaining our data platform that delivers automated reports, dashboards, insights and models to the business. You’ll analyse data across all parts of the business and energy supply chain from trading through to customer communications.
You’ll be joining a community that's genuinely passionate about customers, efficiency, and sustainability, and who’re already helping hundreds of thousands enjoy better energy. You’ll have the freedom to explore and innovate in an industry that's changing at a remarkable pace, all with the support of an accomplished technology team.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining SQL reports and Tableau dashboards
- Writing queries, notebooks and scripts to answer ad hoc analytics questions
- Adding to our existing data pipeline infrastructure to deliver data and insight to the business in an automated way
- Building third party reports for the regulator and policy makers
Experience in the below technologies are desirable:
- Proficient at writing and optimising performant SQL queries (ideally experience working with Postgres databases)
- Knowledge and proficiency in a BI tool (ideally Tableau)
- Experience working in a scripting language (ideally Python)
- Some experience working with the Python data analysis stack (NumPy, pandas, Jupyter notebooks, Plotly/matplotlib)
- Git for version control
- Some knowledge and experience working with AWS (particularly RDS, EC2, s3, Lambda)
We’re looking for someone:
- Passionate about applying technology to solve problems
- Comfortable delivering results in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Pragmatic – able to find the solution that balances accuracy with delivery
- Curious, with a proven ability to learn quickly, independently research and apply new tools, techniques and ideas
- Commercially aware – experience working in a commercial environment a bonus but not essential
- Bold – comfortable challenging ideas
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window