Content Strategist and skilled Copywriter needed to come join the growing Marketing team at Octopus Energy US.
This is a chance for you to help define a new exciting brand that will be paving the way for the green revolution in the US. We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers and creative problem solvers who crave the chance to build something new that will hopefully change the face of energy in this country. Part strategist, part writer, part social media manager - the right candidate will be a wickedly smart creative thinker who lives and breathes social, devours the latest podcasts and trend setting blogs, and also loves to write.
If you posses an intrinsic understanding for the type of content that works best across multimedia channels for brands and can also whip up engaging content that will generate brand awareness and long term engagement, then this may be the role for you. We need brilliant ideas that’ll interest people who might not otherwise put much thought to their energy and also a willingness to muck in on all random marketing bits that pop up along the way – from posting fluffy octopus toys across the world to spitballing out there ideas for Octopus activations at SXSW (in a wishful post Covid world of course). Sound fun? Read on.
What you'll do
- Create content in conjunction with our Design and Marketing colleagues for our social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram that drive overall business objectives of brand consideration, brand attractiveness & customer satisfaction
- Write evergreen content that generates compounding organic traffic
- Structure and create meaningful authority content that positions OEUS as the leading experts in the renewable industry
- Work with Marketing Director on editorial calendar for both social and owned platforms
- Strategize on and research relevant topics for regular blog content both on owned channels and as guest blogger
- Report on social campaigns and monitor brand success using social listening tools and dashboards
- Developing campaigns on social media that drive overall business objectives of brand consideration, brand attractiveness, customer satisfaction
- Assist in writing core content for OEUS website, with a keen understanding of how copy will affect SEO rankings and brand awareness
- Assist in creating content for all stages of the customer journey, from acquisition through to engagement and retention
- Supporting our Marketing Director with Ad Hoc Tasks
What you'll need
- A flexible approach to work, start-up experience a plus!
- An understanding of how to define, track, and generate ROI within a content strategy
- Experience in social media/community management
- Ability to define a niche and topic where your content can make you and/or your brand an authority
- An understanding of how to create and maintain a brand style for consistency
- An understanding of how to perform keyword research
- An understanding of SEO ranking factors
- An understanding of how to guest blog in a way that yields ROI
- Ability to consistently generate popular content ideas
- Ability to properly track and update content over time
- Experience writing on a product (agency or in-house)
- Unparalleled attention to detail and grammar
- A willingness to roll up sleeves and get stuck in on all aspects of work as needed
- Writing samples are a requirement to be considered for this role
Location: Remote for Covid. Thereafter preferably in the New York City area
Evolve Energy is part of the Octopus Energy Group, which also includes Octopus Energy, Kraken Technologies, Octopus Energy for Business and Octopus Electric Vehicles.
Come join the team!
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window