We're looking for a Commercial Analyst at Upside Energy. You can be based in London or Manchester
The energy industry is undergoing the largest transformation since industrialisation at an unprecedented rate of change and we are positioning ourselves to be at the heart of that change.
Our aim is to be the leading global provider of solutions that enable customers to release £30bn of value per annum from distributed energy resources (DERs). We are building a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription business with a global addressable market of £2.4 billion per annum, by digitally connecting hundreds of thousands of DERs with energy markets.
We have already attained a market leading position and Upside is a recognised thought leader and innovator in the industry. Our efforts have not gone unnoticed and we are pleased to announce that we now have the full support and backing of Octopus Energy, an award-winning UK energy supplier who share our passion and values.
As we enter the stage of rapid commercialisation and customer account growth we are now looking for an exceptional person to support our sales and account management functions to foster customer loyalty and revenue growth of our existing and new B2B SaaS customer base (including energy traders, suppliers and large scale renewable and energy storage owners). We envisage the ‘Commercial Analyst’ supporting day to day analytics and modelling for valuing the economic returns of prospective renewable, generation and storage assets.
You will be empowered to help at every level of our organisation; working collaboratively with our senior leadership and management teams, and across our business development, delivery and technical teams to design and deliver our pre-sales & post-sales services, tailored to individual customer needs and agreements.
What you'll do
- Support the Senior Commercial Analyst with market forecasting for UK Power Trading and Ancillary Service markets
- Attend energy industry regulatory meetings and feeding back updates to aid product development
- Generate commercial revenue modelling for our customer looking to trade Behind-the-Meter and Front-of-Meter assets
- Advise our customers on optimal bidding strategy, availability & prices for their Behind-the-Meter and Front-of-Meter assets in Ancillary Service markets
- Support and educate New Business and Account Management leads with industry insights and updates
- Offer technical sales support for tender responses and product demonstrations
- Prepare and present market insights and company performance reports defining action plans to improve our levels of service and delivery
- Work with all functions within Upside to ensure that the customer is at the heart of what we do and every decision we make has the customer in mind
- Work with management and executive teams to develop our customer proposition, ensuring value creation for the business and outstanding satisfaction for the customer
What you'll need
- Ability to model complex financial scenarios using tools such as Excel and Python
- Knowledge either academic or industry based of UK energy markets
- To be comfortable presenting models, industry insights etc. to senior stakeholders
- Experience with writing formal white papers and/or academic literature
- Proven success in delivering an outstanding customer experience
- An ability to engender a high level of confidence from the senior leadership team
- Degree with mathematics focus such as science, mathematics or engineering
- Excel (Advanced), Python (Basic/Intermediate)
- Excellent communication skills showing the ability to summarise complex problems and recommend concise plans of action
- Able to demonstrate significant aptitude for presentation and communication of product value and benefits
- Effective risk management and negotiation skills - able to balance competing demands for resource to ensure best overall outcome
- A proven ability to build relationships at every level of large organisations, especially the c suite
- Eye for detail, with a very clear and organised approach to account management and delivery
Nice to have
- Knowledge of energy trading
- Knowledge of ancillary services
- Knowledge of energy storage and renewable asset generation
- Experience of sales in a multinational environment
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window