WANTED: experienced Channel Development Lead (South), reporting directly into the Director of Customer Acquisition
We believe energy should be better - for you and the environment.
We’re providing a better experience for our customers through transparency, honesty and simplicity. Better for the planet, through real long-term investment in renewable generation and a low CO2 future. Better value, by throwing away the old business models of the “Big 6” and instead building a business that’s fit for the 21st century. We already supply 100% renewable energy to over 730,000 homes and 5,000 businesses (including Arsenal Emirates) throughout Great Britain and we’re also the supplier behind M&S Energy.
We’re award winning for both our disruptive technology and our customer service. We’re the only energy supplier to be ever be Which? recommended for the last 2 years running, and we proudly enjoy a 5- star TrustPilot ranking from our customers. You will be joining a company who has already disrupted and who is determined to redesign the energy industry for good.
Our company is growing and fast. Our acquisition channels are an essential part of this growth. Therefore we are searching for an experienced Channel Development Lead (South), reporting directly into the Director of Customer Acquisition, focusing on driving the performance of our partners Field and Telesales operations. We have over 500 brand ambassadors representing Octopus Energy every day and we encourage a culture of quality of quantity like no other. We encourage our brand ambassadors to have great conversations rather than great conversions.
The role will manage some of Octopus Energy’s key 3 rd party relationships as well as identifying and building a pipeline of potential new partnership opportunities too. You will carry out forecasting, provide high level commentary, analysis of monthly management reports and ensure that our ongoing growth strategy is financially viable.
What you’ll do...
● Manage a small number of essential Tele and Field Sales partners, balancing productive relationships with quality growth.
● Focus on quality & compliance ensuring we continue to maintain the highest of standards throughout our network of brand ambassadors.
● Account planning – drive management of the end to end processes with our partners/accounts to ensure the customer journey from sales to on-boarding is seamless.
● Monitor & analyse performance metrics/ pipeline reports of accounts to optimise resources & increase sales effectiveness.
● Lead regular business reviews with the relevant stakeholders of each partner and be comfortable dealing with Directors and business owners.
● Business Development – identify potential new business partnerships who reflect Octopus Energy’s values.
● Work with Commercial functions to set sales targets & verify sales commissions.
● Drive operational excellence in the Sales organisation by proactively identifying issues and solutions to make business flow better.
What you’ll have...
● The ability to develop client relationships in a fast growth environment.
● Solid account management experience at a senior level
● A self starter attitude who actively drives their own projects and performance
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● The ability to develop, implement and deliver change
● The ability to provide leadership, motivation and development to a diverse team
● A keen eye for detail
● Ideally experience and knowledge of the energy industry
● A strong understanding of Field Sales or Telesales (ideally both)
This role is field based and as a result, frequent travel will be expected throughout the Midlands and South of the UK in addition to our central London HQ. Your home location would reflect this geographical region.
This is a great opportunity to be part of, and drive, not only the future direction of customer acquisition but also the wider business as a whole. We offer a very competitive remuneration package and importantly, the chance to make real change to an industry responsible for today’s climate and the environment we live in.
To apply, send us your CV, portfolio, and let us know why Octopus is right for you.
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window