We're looking for a Team Leader to manage our Brand Ambassadors in Nottingham
Octopus Energy new direct field marketing teams...
You’ll be taking part in a brand new concept within face to face sales. We’re tearing up the traditional door to door and venue sales model. Here at Octopus we’re working hard to reinvent face to face marketing by combining better customer data, our innovative tech platform (Kraken Technologies) with local targeted marketing in order to create more detailed and engaging conversations. Conversations with customers could start from digital engagements, social engagements, retail engagements as well as the customer's own front door.
We’re changing the landscape of traditional field marketing and re-inventing face to face sales.
What you'll do...
As a Brand Ambassador Team Leader, you’ll be exactly that, a ‘Leader’, not a manager. You’ll be leading a team of face to face ambassadors to more than just a sales performance, you’ll be the frontline of our brand and as such, you’ll be driving our culture throughout your team.
Your leadership style will be one of inspiration. You’ll be inspiring, motivating and coaching your team of around 10 ambassadors to their absolute best individual performance. You’ll also be inspiring your team by leading by example, you’ll be expected to carry about the same face to face activities as your team, as well as leading & supporting them.
There’s no need for carrots and sticks here at Octopus to remain motivated. Ultimately you’ll be the sort of leader who spends their time trying to catch your team members doing something right, not trying to catch them doing something wrong.
Previous experience in face to face sales will be essential (although it doesn't have to be in energy).
Previous experience you'll have
- Face to face experience within customer centric sales roles
- An understanding in either door to door or event sales
- Proven track record of managing and leading a face to face sales team and achieving outstanding performance
- The ability to demonstrate effective leadership to colleagues in order to influence and inspire
- Experience within F2F recruitment, people resourcing and team development Demonstrate a positive proactive approach towards organisational change
- Experience of working autonomously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style to achieve maximum impact upon relevant situations and audience
- Assertive and adaptable personal style to deliver constructive feedback on standards of performance and to the team
What you'll get
- Our company culture - we won best company to work for in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment - genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Holiday - 23 days plus bank holidays
- Remuneration - we're changing the face of field marketing therefore, we believe all of our brand ambassadors at Octopus will receive a competitive basic salary as well as uncapped commission
- Equity Options Scheme - you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture - have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks - we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events - we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents - get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important - we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- SmartPension Scheme - employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme - to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health
Please send us your application with your CV attached and if you really want to stand out you can attach a video of up to 2 minutes answering the question on the application form "why does Octopus Energy stand out to you"?
If this opportunity sounds like you and you have a genuine passion for what we're doing at Octopus Energy then we'd love to hear from you.
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window