An exciting opportunity to join a forward-thinking employer in a business operations role
A role with Octopus Energy is a chance to join an exciting scale-up business within the energy supply sector – one that’s at the forefront of changing the landscape of the energy industry. A job with us offers you the chance to contribute to building world class Operations that will catapult you into a fantastic career.
An exciting opportunity to join a forward-thinking employer in a business operations role, with a real focus on providing customer excellence.
If you are a natural communicator, enjoy building relationships with clients, resolving problems and providing excellent service, then this is the right role for you.
With scope to progress with this growing firm, you will start your position within the Business Operations team.
Octopus Energy don’t believe in sorting roles into little silos – instead you’ll be responsible for the full cycle of business operations, from customer services and quotes through to metering, payments and ad-hoc projects. In doing so, you’ll master a complex industry whilst gaining a wide range of demonstrable skills and, thanks to Octopus’s diverse portfolio of business customers (from independent high street shops right through to large corporate clients), be interacting with a wide range of individuals and fielding diverse questions that will keep you learning each day.
Octopus really values proactive people who can think on their feet, but you’ll also be supported and offered continuous training from approachable and knowledgeable colleagues, and if you fancy learning new skills on the job then they’ll help you make it a reality.
What you'll need
- A degree, at least a 2:1
- Flexibility and a good problem solver
- Quick learner
- Ability to take the initiative and think outside of the box
- Team player
- IT Literate
- Ability to build professional customer relationships
- Excellent customer service skills
- High standard of verbal and written communication
- Good emotional intelligence
- Committed to continuous self-development
- Independent and self-motivated
- An organised approach
What you'll get
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- pension contributions following completion of the trial period
- Friday night social/drinks every week (we ‘dial-in’ to London and Brighton offices, to encourage involvement and engagement)
- Yoga on Thursday mornings/ 5-a-side football league/ weekly rock climbing
- Team day outs- theme parks, escape rooms, cinema, dinners
- At least 5 social’s per year, from ‘pub-golf’ to ‘pub-quiz’sCompany-wide summer and Christmas parties in LondonCelebrate ‘Gay Pride’ and other important cultural events in London
- Opportunities to attend industry events and award ceremonies
- Opportunities to work across all three offices: Leicester, London, and Brighton
- Annual festival trip to Bristol
- Bespoke and tailored progression and development based on interests and skillset.
If you this sounds like you and you have a genuine passion for what we are doing then we'd love to hear from you!
**We particularly welcome disabled, BAME, and LGBTQ+ applicants.**
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window