The energy industry is undergoing the largest transformation since industrialisation at an unprecedented rate of change and we are positioning ourselves to be at the heart of that change.
Our aim is to be the leading global provider of solutions that enable customers to release £30bn of value per annum from distributed energy resources (DERs). We are building a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription business with a global addressable market of £2.4 billion per annum, by digitally connecting hundreds of thousands of DERs with energy markets.
We have already attained a market leading position and Upside is a recognised thought leader and innovator in the industry. Our efforts have not gone unnoticed and we are pleased to announce that we now have the full support and backing of Octopus Energy, an award-winning UK energy supplier who share our passion and values.
As we enter the stage of rapid commercialisation and customer account growth we are now looking for an exceptional person to help us generate, manage and close new business for our B2B SaaS addressable market (including energy traders, suppliers and large scale renewable and energy storage owners).
You will be empowered to help at every level of our organisation; working collaboratively with our senior leadership and management teams, and across our business development, delivery and technical teams to design and deliver our pre-sales & post-sales services, tailored to individual customer needs and agreements.
What you'll do
- Build and deliver a business development strategy which has a clear value proposition, target market and timescales to reach sales plan
- Generate new leads through inbound and outbound channels
- To manage and own RFI/RFP responses as well as leading commercial and legal negotiations
- Work with management and executive teams to develop our customer proposition, ensuring value creation for the business and outstanding satisfaction for the customer
- Prepare and present business development insights and performance reports defining current and forecasted funnel
- Initial management of signed accounts post go-live to ensure smooth transition and maximise near-term revenue potential
What you'll need
- Experience of managing large scale B2B SaaS sales
- Experience with large scale software solution delivery (preferably energy related)
- Experience of utilising the latest customer engagement tools and sales methodology
- Experience of developing market leading value propositions, plans and upskilling the business for successful delivery
- Proven success achieving sales plan (quota)
- Strong commercial experience (i.e. contract and commercial negotiation)
- An ability to engender a high level of confidence from the senior leadership team
- Excellent communication skills showing the ability to summarise complex problems and recommend concise plans of action
- An ability to demonstrate significant aptitude for line management: target setting, performance reviews & professional development
- Effective risk management and negotiation skills - able to balance competing demands for resource to ensure best overall outcome
- Strong at developing less experienced members of the team
- A proven ability to build relationships at every level of large organisations, especially the c suite
- Eye for detail, with a very clear and organised approach to account management and delivery
Nice to have
- Knowledge of energy trading
- Knowledge of ancillary services
- Knowledge of energy storage and renewable asset generation
- Experience of sales in a multinational environment
Note: This description gives a feel for the role, however if you’re missing something here but think you’d fit, we’d love to hear from you. This role can be based in London or Manchester.
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window