WANTED: a Partnerships and Community Manager for the Octopus Centre for Net Zero
We are seeking a partnerships and community manager to help us broaden our reach and impact globally by finding, negotiating and managing partnerships to enhance our activities across our three core themes.
The role is based in London and flexible working arrangements are supported, although some travel should be expected once Covid restrictions are lifted. The role will report to the head of the centre. Applicants should note that the centre’s research and activities are independent of Octopus Energy and the two organisations maintain an arm’s length relationship; this role should not be considered an entry route to Octopus Energy.
In this role, you will
- Source, secure and manage both formal and informal partnerships with aligned projects and organisations in technology, academia, the energy industry, non-profit, media and other sectors, guided by input and requirements from OCNZ’s Policy, Research and Marketing teams, and your own independent exploration
- Develop, agree and draft details of contracts, MoAs, joint manifestos, joint bids and tenders etc with support from legal where required
- Develop and own community engagement strategy to bring together and grow a wider community of researchers and contributors, particularly with a focus on open software and open data based energy systems modelling and simulation
- Define and oversee delivery of collaborative projects such as joint white papers, real world demonstrators, coordinated events, educational content, etc, working with others in OCNZ as needed
- Manage inbound partnership enquiries into the organisation. Support delivery of campaigns, events and other content
- Proactively monitor and chart the overall landscape to ensure that OCNZ is abreast of new organisations, initiatives and projects.
What you'll need
- An ability to build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with diverse people and organisations
- Be highly organised, have great attention to detail and able to coordinate different projects simultaneously while keeping to tight deadlines
- Good commercial instincts
- Be tenacious, creative, and a good problem solver
- Be able to work well autonomously. Be comfortable working with some ambiguity; OCNZ is a startup organisation and responsibilities and projects will evolve as the organisation moves through the set up phase
Ideally, you’ll have
- Degree and / or experience in any of energy, decarbonisation, open software or open data or a related area
- Experience delivering a diverse range of collaborative projects
- Experience negotiating contracts and managing partnerships, preferably including in a commercial environment
- Experience building and participating in thriving online and offline communities, ideally within a research or technology setting
- Experience working with technology incubators or accelerators
- Experience developing joint bids and applications for government and / or industry grant-funded projects
- Knowledge of the energy transition, open software and open data are an advantage.
Why else you'll love it here
- Our company culture - we won best company to work for in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment - genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation - we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme - you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture - have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks - we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events - we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents - get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important - we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- SmartPension Scheme - employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme - to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health
If you are interested in the Octopus Centre for Net Zero please send us over your details along with a bit about you and why you're interested!
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window